Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with D and D (i.e. sound, performance). I can get an aluminum slip on for my R6 for around $200. The main reason I would add a slip on is for sound and was curious if anybody else has one.

·
Registered
553 Posts
they are loud, i personally wouldnt buy one, but it is a decent exhaust. But it is loud......

Yes my motorcycle is fast..
No you can't ride it!

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
They are <font color = brown>C-R-A-P</font> !!!

You're R6 definitely deserves better!!!

(Noud I fixed your color! Since no one else can! hahaha - kevap)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got D&D on mine. I think it sounds great, not too loud but makes it sound ballsy. I don't know about performance. I bought it used and the pipe was already on.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm not sure about the R6's performance, but a buddy of mine threw a D&D can on his F4i. It looked nice (shiny aluminum /images/icons/smile.gif) and was loud (too loud for my tastes), but he lost power on the low end /images/icons/frown.gif.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had one on my yzf 600 and it was the loudest pipe around.

--
That which does not kill you can only make you stronger...

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
Noud~ Ah you're just a disgruntled <font color=blue>Yamaha</font color=blue> owner. /images/icons/tongue.gif D&D exhausts are fine and will make a nice compliment to your R6.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you're going for noise, than that's you're pipe. I had one on my old gixxer 600 and it was obnoxious. Not the best quality either. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Bottom line is... you get what you pay for. $200 for a slip-on is CHEAP! So you are buying a cheap pipe. There are many other pipes that are much better in looks and sound for another $100 or so. I'd look else where. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
827 Posts
i run a D&D...it was on the bike when i got it. i think it looks really sharp, but it's a little too loud and too raspy sounding for my tastes. The sound it makes when accelerating next to a gaurdrail or through a tunnel makes it a worthwhile mod, though. Oh, and i saw this girl head for cover one time when i hit the gas headed through NCSU's campus one night. On the whole, it's kind of a cheap thrill-fun, but if i bought another pipe i'd get something just a little quieter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a D&D and it is loud. Definatley much better than a stock pipe b/c it is lighter. Mine is satin black and it looks pretty good. I think it is cool to have an exaust note that cuts through a bunch of other bikes. Keep in mind I play in a heavy metal band so my definition of loud is probably a little different than most peoples. I'm sure my acute hearing has been blunted by years of loud guitars and screaming. But it is cheap and definatly better than a stock pipe. IMO

RED SUN, Raleigh's hardest heavy metal band, kicks ass.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
junk - sounds like a hive of wasps on crack

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was going to say..."I don't like them at all"...but I think I'll go with YZROOSTINYA's answer! /images/icons/laugh.gif

If you want to know how good the tail section of an R1 looks...Just ask a Honda rider!/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Scrap the D&D. I have a Scorpion on my R6 and love it. Great sound and quality. Akrapovic is another great pipe,probably the best. Akrapovic and Scorpian used to be the same company at one time. The Scorpian is a little more resonably priced.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys. Think I will spend another $100-$150 or so and get something a little nicer. Thanks for the input.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts