1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to see how some gloves hold up after a 100 mph get-off? Check this out:

Crashed Gloves Survey Part 16
From RoadRacing World

This is the 16th installment in the continuing glove damage survey that we began in 1991. Along the way, we've found some brands of gloves that have provided excellent hand protection, while others have failed miserably. Keep in mind this isn't a scientific evaluation with controlled factors, but rather a sample of gloves that we have crashed in or have been sent in by readers.

Continued at http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/Include.asp?include=../issues/mar02/glov.htm.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I didnt read it but from your reply it sounds like teknic got a good review. Glad i wear teknic. hehe I hope my assumption is correct. /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Good idea with the photograph. I gotta admit, digital cameras are proving to be extremely handy.

Comparing your glove to my newer teknic violator glove, it looks like they moved the padding on the lower palm up towards the center a bit more. But its possible that the glove could still tear from the seam. Where the lower portion of your palm would most likely be dragging or hit first is now padded. I'll have to have you take a look at my glove next time we ride with you sd people. Perhaps on the 13th big ride.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think yours tore because of age, they look really old. The leather eventually gets brittle and tears easily...

<font color=blue>R1/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
In the review they had a pair of Teknic Violator I that held up very well.

Want to go fast? I'm one to go fast!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
They got wet while sliding down the ice, they were about 6 months old and for $129.00 plus tax you would expect better protection. They ripped at the seem where they were double stitched which made a lot of holes making it easier to rip.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Poster: Seagram7

Is it just me, or does that Chris Ulrich guy crash a lot?

<hr></blockquote>

LOL...I was going to say the same thing/images/icons/tongue.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif!!

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
my techniques only scuffed a bit with my little spinout at about 15 mph, very happy with them indeed, can't say enough for good gear.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
dude, that guy sounds like a walking crash, waiting to happen. If I was racing with him, I'd stay as far from his as I could!

"With Dr. Boogie, the diagnosis is always funk!"

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

do you know how to have access to the rest of the survey ?

<hr></blockquote>

Sorry I don't. I believe this is the first time they have posted the results on the website, usually you have to buy the magazine for the scoop/images/icons/wink.gif. They have been running the survey in the magazine since 1991.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ok, were did ulrich get those gp plus's. Notice the black reinforced portion on the top part of the palms, just below the fingers. Every set of GPs i have come accross have just the leather there. That is the portion of the GPs that blew out on my set. i love the gloves, and if i could get a set like ulrich was wearin i would buy another. If all i can get is the ones with just leather, then im not sure.

<font color=blue>Mile High Sport Bike Association (MHSBA)</font color=blue>

·
Registered
693 Posts
I too had a pair of Teknics split just exactly where 955i had his split.I was worried about the palms on the gloves before I crashed.My gloves were also only about 6 months old so I really don't think age was a factor.
I swear by alpine star GP plus gloves, much better quality IMHO.Oh and all the GP plus gloves have the reinforced portion on the palms.

<font color=red>Whatcha doin?</font color=red> Chewin Chocolate<font color=red>Where'd you get it?</font color=red>doggie dropped it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts