Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Corbin's 2000 Mille seat will fit a 2000 Falco? Scotteq? Is your aftermarket seat a Corbin?

Thx!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
No, it won't. Corbin, as far as I know, has no plans on a seat for the Falco. I was dying for a Corbin on the Falco when I first got it, since I had one on my 9R and it was amazingly comfy. I'm used to the Falco seat now, and have no desire anymore for the Corbin. Scott's was redone by Sargent's, which is a better idea to retain the stock shape. The one thing the Corbin will hamper is your ability to slide around on the seat when going through corners. The Sargent's shouldn't hamper that.

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
PB - Unfortunately, the Mille and Falco seats aren't the same... Mine is a Sargent-redone stocker, and I like it a LOT. I had actually given Corbin first shot at the business, but they were rude and obviously didn't need the business. Maybe it's different now, but 2 years ago....

Anyways, I had a nice long talk with (Mark??) and he helped me pick out the best combination of materials to fit my riding style (mildly aggressive) and comfort needs. We settled on their 'Griptex' covering - I don't know why they call it GRIP-tex - It's actually slippery-er than stock, and it also allows for more airflow under your butt. The used that with their foam in the stock depth, and I had a red welt and Italian flags installed in the trim.

It's comfi-er than the stocker, mostly because the sculpted area that digs into the insides of your thighs on longer rides is not there any more, and it allows me to shift around on it as I ride very freely.

If I were to do it again, though, I'd lose the red welting and maybe put in 1/4~1/2" thicker foam. But the old "padded bicycle shorts under the leathers" trick works GREAT on long rides, so...

Definitely call them before sending them anything: Their busy season lasts from Jan~June adn the wait could be 6~8 weeks. I sent my seat off in early December, and it was at the house when I got home from a trip I was on over the holidays - so three weeks.

http://www.sargentcycle.com/

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! Thanks for the great write-up. I've mostly gotten used to the stock seat but was curious if there's something better out there. I just did an Ironbutt SS1K this past weekend on the stock seat was OK. Fortunately, in addition to my bicycle shorts, I also had some expedition weight polypropolene on under my leathers (good thing too, it never got out of the 40's).

Thanks again for the info! I may consider it near the end of this year. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Hey Scott ~ Howzabout you lend me your seat while I send mine off to Sargent's?? /images/icons/tongue.gif

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
There ya go - Trying to get your hands on my seat again.../images/icons/laugh.gif
Not that there's anything WRONG with that./images/icons/crazy.gif

Nick - There's a chance that the bike'll be done for next weekend - Still going to M/D???

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
C'mon Scott, don't be afraid.......You can tell them all that I've already had my hands on your seat!! /images/icons/shocked.gif

Myself and Crudmop are still going to M/D, along with a few others I'm guessing. I think Jim is planning on meeting up there, then hitting Bear Mtn.

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
In the immortal words of our buddy Tony Soprano...
"This sounds very gay..."

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
In the immortal words of our buddy George Costanza:
"Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
MF - ROFL!

Scott - how is the new seat? Worth the price? After my Hondas, the Falco is a comfy couch - but it is still a bit hard, I would love a new seat.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
By way of suggestion - There was a guy parting out his totalled Falco. If he still has it, I bet you could buy his seat cheap, and send it out to be redone at Sargent's convenience. I have his eMail, so PM me if you like.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Scott ~ I've already shot him an email about the seat and some other items. Waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Scott - how is the new seat?

<hr></blockquote>

Crud - LOL!!! It's nearly 2 seasons old!!/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

Here's a pic of the thing, though:

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
Hah - well, what I meant is...Scott, how is the seat compared to the stock saddle?
ROFL!

Damn, that does look sweet!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
It's just a hair softer, I can slide around on it more easily, and the profile is more rounded near the insides of your thighs. Hindsight says maybe I could/should have added 1/4" deeper foam, but it's definitely better than stock as it is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts