Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Since you are north of them I would take a ride down to Hollister and get one custom made. Stock of the rack they will sit you higher and further back than the Triumph saddle. IMHO it is too much of a change from stock and I had mine made so that it was between the stock sliding into the tank position and the standard Corbin well defined but further back bu## pocket position. I had this custom done when I was at Laguna Seca. It also takes a few hundred miles for the seat to form to you, but once it does the comfort is miles better than stock. Fit and finish is superb. This wasn't an issue to me and I have not found it a hinderance at all but the Corbin saddle is not a feather weight product. It weighs a couple of pounds more than stock so if you are looking to create the lightest Daytona around then a Corbin will not help you reach that end.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I plan to get one by the end of the year. I am also looking into a Sargents. I think you send the stock seat in and they upgrade it. I belive the costs are lower as well. They might be lighter as well compared to the Corbin. My friend has a Corbin on his 01' Daytona, he loves it, makes it sport-tour comfortable.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Do it... Do it I have one too for my Daytona. I've done a few hundred mile rides and one 702 mile ride. My bumm has had no problems. Yes it's a bit beefier but its all relevant. It even allows you to move around on the bike when riding the twisties. I have the carbon look leather and it looks great. I'm still breaking it in but it gets better everyday. I'm very happy vs the stocker. /images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=green>Peace&Luv</font color=green> /images/icons/tongue.gif
Ride It 'till The Wheels Fall Off !! /images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
They are very comfortable, but as others have said, it positions you further back vs. the stock seat. It makes long rides a breeze, but I find it harder to shift from side to side when attacking twisties. The way the seat is shaped, it kinda holds you in.

The Dirty Dozen for the price of One.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Do any of you with a corbin seat find it harder on your wrists when you ride with the increased seat height?

<font color=red> work to eat, eat to live, live to ride</font color=red>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts