Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of the name of a coolant that is supposed to give you more H.P.? A friend of mine races the club series at Loudon NH and he said that ther is a coolant that makes your bike run cooler and gives a HP increase(approx.2 more hp). I also talked to a buddy of mine that works on dirtbikes and he said there is 2 brands out there but he could not remember the exact names. He said the coolant is less dense than regular and easier to pass through the water pump thus causing a slight increase in hp. If all this sounds familiar to anyone please respond.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm not so sure about that, but I noticed an increase in acceleration after I took the ninja stickers off my bike.
LOL
j/k
/images/icons/wink.gif

The frog will fly at midnight.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
The theory is sound meaning that a cooler engine is a more efficient engine. That could result in 1 or 2 hp depending on the engine but I doubt it's anything I would notice.

Forgive & forget. Just never forget when I forgive.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Sounds like someone is smoking crack. Any fluid with a lower density would likely have LESS heat capacity, which means it would cool worse in the stock system.

You can claim lower temps would extend the engine life...but lower temps don't equal more HP.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Ice isn't a fluid. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
170 Posts
for track days we are not allowed to run antifreeze so we have a choice of waterwetter or distilled water. I use waterwetter and it does seem to keep the bike running cooler than antifreeze. I bought it at my local kawi dealer off the shelf. the idea of it creating more horsepower though i think is not very likely.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
WaterWetter is available at most auto parts and performance shops...

It's basically a non-foaming type soap. It lowers the surface tension of the water, so that it makes a better contact with the engine and inside of the radiator, which means it transfers heat better.

It also doesn't absorb into asphalt or concrete, so when you crash on the track and spill coolant everywhere, it won't cause a permanant slick spot to form. (like regular glycol-based coolants)

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Oh, they have heat capacity...they're just REALLY hard on the water pump../images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
633 Posts
Redline Water Wetter is widely used in all forms of racing.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

1 - 14 of 14 Posts