Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some feed back on the barnett clutches, i recently put in a kevlar barnett clutch, the thing was terrible, slipped badly, even after soaking in oil first. had to go back to factory clutch plates, no problems at all, has anyone else ever tried these barnett clutch plates? if so, did it work well for you? thx

KNEE DOWN,WHEEL UP

·
Registered
693 Posts
my stock clutch has 10000 miles and started slipping i put barnett clutch and still slips was wondering if it is even the clutch becasue doesnt feel like it slips in 1 or 2 but in the higher gears around 70 when i hammer on it

I RIDE WITH THE BEST AND WRECK WITH THE REST11111

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have put many clutches in mine so far. I have went through several factory clutches,and a Barnett Carbon Fiber. I am running the Kevlar Barnett right now, and the conversion kit for the diaphram.. Mine works awesome now,with no slipping at all. I can hammer it out of the gate,and run low 1.7 sec 60 foots.. I like that clutch..

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
did you put in the heavy duty springs also, replace the metal plates? the clutch will slip in fifth before it slips in first. its easier for ther motor to move the bike i first then in fith. its like a mtn bike. is it easier to go p hill in a low gear or high. now imagine if there was a clutch on the sproccket. alot less of a load in first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts