Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone remember a post a few months back about adjusting your clutch? Something about a pin in the lever? I'm getting some drag lately, thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
831 Posts
It's under the clutch lever. If I remember correctly you will need 1.5mm allen wrench. Go slow, start off with 1/4 turn. Remember that the clutch drags on these things when they are cold, so adjusting the clutch will not be a complete remedy for this problem.

Jay
Hello, Come in Earth, Over./images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Just to clarify, the 1.5mm allen is for the set/lock screw which secures the adjusting screw which uses a flatblade (very small) screwdriver. You have to pretty much get on your ass and look up, under the clutch lever to see the set screw, just barely loosen it and you will be able to turn the adjuster which you can see off to the side of the bike.

Take care,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I heard something about a thousand words not being as good as something else etc...anyway, here are a couple pics

I know its blurry but I just jammed the camera under the lever and wasn't able to see the screen to adjust focue, you can still make out the set screw, its the brass coloured round thing.

Take care,
Gregory

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Here is a pic of the actual adjuster you need to turn after you loosen the set screw. If I remember correctly, clockwise will reduce the drag but if you turn it too much your clutch could slip. You shouldn't need more than a 1/4 turn to solve your probs

Better focus as I wasn't turned around upside down and was able to see what I was doing /images/icons/wink.gif

Take care,
Gregory

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are the bomb! Thanks, so far I've mostly been just observing the whole clutch thing, I've had dark fluid but no problems. Recently I changed the fluid and went with a braided line to match the brake. Fluid turned darker in 600 miles than the 16K before!!! Now I'm getting serious drag even when hot, and I can feel plenty of free travel. I'm thinking a little adjustment, probably change the fluid again. The only other thing I can think of is that I really twisted and pulled on the line from the resevoir to the master cylinder when I relocated the resevoir on the riser bars, may need to be change the fluid, again
thanks, Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts