Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so ever since I put a braided line on my clutch the fluid turns black in about 0.8-1k miles. This wouldn't bother me if it didn't correspond to worsening drag that required attention. I had a dealer tell me clean fluid would reduce drag, but with 16k and no clutch problems, I didn't believe him; now I believe him. Therefore, I'm asking if those that have picked up the evo slave cylinder have found it solves the fluid from the black lagoon experience, and if so with what, if any problems,
thanks as always, ride safe,
Larry

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Ivick ~ From what I've heard, the fluid turns black due to the use of rubber seals in the fluid system, which dyes the clutch fluid. I don't believe the Evo clutch slave will solve that, but I also heard that the Evo is well worth the money anyway.

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
26 Posts
The fluid darkens from heat.All bikes with hydro clutches do...some quicker than others.Flushing the system and put in a good quality fluid helps.I use Motul 600 , which is dark to start with.The Evo unit is nice and does lessen the lever pull a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts