Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got him today. He's a American Bull Dog & 6 weeks old. The f-ker already bit me and tried to seriously gnaw my hand off, chewed on and ruined the lace on my shoe, almost ripped my brand new polo pants, and pooped and peed on the floor 6 times in 4 hours :smile:.

It was hard to take pics and at the end you'll have a laugh...

This dog would not stop biting my clothes.

I could not get a pic for like 5 minutes. Thank god for digi cameras.

I put him on the top of the fire place mantil so he couldn't jump around. This is the 1st good pic i got.

The almighty american bull dog.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do i train that f-er to stop taking a dump in the house? I stood over him and waited for him to tale a pi-s on the floor and grabbed him, have him a light smack (light), said NO; and brought him outside in the rain. After about 10 minutes he took a dump but no peepe. ??????????? Any dog training links or advice would be great!

HOW CUTE! This was taken as i write this...

This one is from a champion winning bloodline. I only paied 250 for a other wist 900 dollar dog cause the guy had to get rid of the puppies. I offered him 3 and he offered me 250 /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

·
Registered
855 Posts
My boy is from a championship bloodline too. As far as the taking a piss and poop in the house.........you are going to have to kennel train him first. I know you may think it's cruel to keep him in the kennel for the first two weeks but it will all be worth it in the end. Unfortunatley having a puppy is like having a baby (I think). Some people get lucky with pups on being potty trained but there are some others that are just damn stubborn. I had to kennel my dog for the first two weeks when we got him. He was on a schedule. This isn't to the tee but somewhat similar to what we did.

7 am - straigh out of the kennel, go outside and watch him do his business. If so praise
*If not then bring him right back into the kennel and back out for another try

-After he's done his business, feed and water, and back out if possible
-About a hours worth of play time and one last time outside before he goes in the kennel
*Always make sure you praise him dearly after he's done his business so he knows it's a good thing to go pee and poop outside

11am - Straight out of kennel, go outside and watch him do his business. If so praise

-If he did his business earlier then you can have some time for play
-But then right back in the kennel

3pm - Same thing as 7 and 11

6/7pm - Same thing as 7, 11, 3, and then it's time to feed him and then straight outside

-If all goes well then play time for maybe an 1hr or 2 and then back in the kennel

10/11pm - Same thing as 7, 11, 3, you get the gist of it. Right? The only thing he'll be doing now is doing his business and maybe a little play time and back in his kennel.

3/4am - Take him out to do business (don't forget to praise) and back in the kennel.

7am - allllllllllll over again.

I do hope that you have some time set aside (i.e. xmas vacation) to do this. If not you are going to come home with either piss/poop all over your house or piss/poop in the kennel. Either way it's going to happen.

<font color="red"> Important thing is that the kennel is not too big for him</font> Dogs don't normally do their business where they live/sleep unless the kennel is too big.

Ok I've tried to give you my best advice. There will be alot of crying/whimpering in the beginning but he'll learn. Give him a bone in his kennel to keep him busy. I'd stay away from rawhide. :grin:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Can't stress enough what k9crazy said :waytogo: Get a cage (kennel). You'd better train him right or he'll make life miserable for you...unless you don't mind pissed-on carpets and torn up valuables.

Also, he'll be tearing up everything you own and when he gets older he'll be bitin' PEOPLE....$$$$

When does he get the neon underbelly lighting? :lol:

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
qqqqqqqman said:

When does he get the neon underbelly lighting? :lol:

[/ QUOTE ]

:lol:
OMG!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
congrats on the dog mikev7. Listen to what k9 is saying, definitely crate train your dog. I have two dobermans, and crate training them from when they were young got rid of the accidents reasonably quikly.

And oh yeah, dont let your dog sleep on your bed. Bad habit to get into when you have a big breed.

This is Malcolm

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
F4iHigh said:

And oh yeah, dont let your dog sleep on your bed. Bad habit to get into when you have a big breed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh God yeah! Hear hear!! :applause:

My girl is 2 years old now and therefore fully grown, and although she's not big in Rottie terms trying to get her off the bed when she doesn't want to get off is no easy task!!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
F4iHigh said:And oh yeah, dont let your dog sleep on your bed. Bad habit to get into when you have a big breed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell that to our Golden Retriever and German Shepherd. My wife's answer is a bigger bed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[ QUOTE ]
k9krazy said:
My boy is from a championship bloodline too. As far as the taking a piss and poop in the house.........you are going to have to kennel train him first. I know you may think it's cruel to keep him in the kennel for the first two weeks but it will all be worth it in the end. Unfortunatley having a puppy is like having a baby (I think). Some people get lucky with pups on being potty trained but there are some others that are just damn stubborn. I had to kennel my dog for the first two weeks when we got him. He was on a schedule. This isn't to the tee but somewhat similar to what we did.

7 am - straigh out of the kennel, go outside and watch him do his business. If so praise

-After he's done his business, feed and water, and back out if possible
-About a hours worth of play time and one last time outside before he goes in the kennel
*Always make sure you praise him dearly after he's done his business so he knows it's a good thing to go pee and poop outside

11am - Straight out of kennel, go outside and watch him do his business. If so praise

-If he did his business earlier then you can have some time for play
-But then right back in the kennel

3pm - Same thing as 7 and 11

6/7pm - Same thing as 7, 11, 3, and then it's time to feed him and then straight outside

-If all goes well then play time for maybe an 1hr or 2 and then back in the kennel

10/11pm - Same thing as 7, 11, 3, you get the gist of it. Right? The only thing he'll be doing now is doing his business and maybe a little play time and back in his kennel.

3/4am - Take him out to do business (don't forget to praise) and back in the kennel.

7am - allllllllllll over again.

I do hope that you have some time set aside (i.e. xmas vacation) to do this. If not you are going to come home with either piss/poop all over your house or piss/poop in the kennel. Either way it's going to happen.

<font color="red"> Important thing is that the kennel is not too big for him</font> Dogs don't normally do their business where they live/sleep unless the kennel is too big.

Ok I've tried to give you my best advice. There will be alot of crying/whimpering in the beginning but he'll learn. Give him a bone in his kennel to keep him busy. I'd stay away from rawhide. :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]I have a 3X4 or so plastic tub that i'm keeping him in. It ain't working, today when i got up he had brown cream all over his butt. I had to take him outside in 30 degree weather and wash him. What to do if he just dumps one in the crate?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hoopty said:
[ QUOTE ]
flankr7 said:
My boy sleeps with me every night. Only complaint is when I wake up to see his ass in my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's new, Flank? :lol:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sup Hoop. Figues a post like that would motivate those lethargic digits into action... :grin:

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I have a 3X4 or so plastic tub that i'm keeping him in.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the lid off, i hope :smirk:

K9's advice was great. I crate trained my dog as well. Very few accidents. Actually, none that I can recall. Training a dog takes some effort and patience. You should probably seek a book or some online resource rather than just winging it. A dog is a lifetime commitment. Establishing the rules when they are a puppy rather than trying to work them out of their bad habits as adult dogs is probably easier.

As for sleeping on my bed... it'd be a cold day in hell. My dog can come and go as she pleases in my big back yard, can go anywhere she likes in the house, but, she doesn't belong on the furniture. That is a strict rule for me. Overall, other than being a bit barky, my dog is and always has been great.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts