Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
I was so disappointed when HMC pulled up stakes on the Ducati entry in AMA SBK. Glad to see they may be back in the works. Wonder how a primarily Ducati/Harley/Aprilia dealership can swing a Honda race program?

Chandler's riding style is so elegant to watch. Never seen someone look so calm and composed riding at the edge but yet with quite a flowing style of riding. Please let this come to fruitition....i'd even start believing in Santa Claus again. :help:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doug Chandler is absolutely one of the crown jewels of American motorcycle racing, one of the elite few who have won the "Grand Slam" of US bike racing: short and long flat tracks, TT, and road course--not to mention his GP experiences--and the opportunity to see him back in the saddle would be something not to be missed.

I remember running at Daytona in the CCS races concurrent with the AMA nationals, and seeing Chandler walking past our pit area in the paddock on his way to the Kawi garage. (This was back when Muzzy ran the Kawi team and Doug was winning Superbike Championships and had just started stomping everybody in FX/Formula USA on a Muzzy Raptor derivative.) A ZX7R-mounted race buddy of mine also spotted Chandler and called out to him. Doug couldn't have been nicer: stopped, came over, shook hands, made small talk, accepted some gushing hero-worship without any signs of impatience, etc., and autographed my buddy's race trailer before heading back to his own pit garage. :waytogo:

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I was so disappointed when HMC pulled up stakes on the Ducati entry in AMA SBK

[/ QUOTE ]
he can come back all he wants... just don't do it with HMC. first they're here... then they're not here...? then they're in FX... now they're not. they can never seem to keep a continuous presence in anything roadrace related...? :rolling: pick a class and stick with it goddammit.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I agree with shamar on this one. I am stoked to hear that he is back in SBK, but at the same time I was really bummed to hear that it was with HMC. I really hope that they not only come at it strong this year, but actually stay in it for the whole year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts