Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
aprilia junkie
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Umm... I have no idea if this has been posted before (probably) but does anyone know if this is legitimate? The website looks "legit" and I hadn't previously heard about this telemarketing thing before gf sent it to me in email.

[ QUOTE ]
Starting Jan 1, 2005, all cell phone numbers will be made public to
telemarketing firms. This means as of Jan 1, your cell phone may start
ringing with telemarketing calls, eating up free minutes or costing
for minutes used.

According to the National Do Not Call List, you have until Dec. 15th
2004 to get on the national "Do not call list" for cell phones.

You need to call 1-888-382-1222 from the cell phone that you wish to
have put on the "do not call list" to be put on the list.

Or you can do it online at www.donotocall.gov

[/ QUOTE ]

·
aprilia junkie
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
SpikedLemon said:
Do you trust the gov'nt to have another peice of your identity?

[/ QUOTE ]

as if they don't have everything already? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

When the US collapses into oblivion and we all have to go "mad max" I'll be buzzin along the highways on the Mille to be sure, no plates, no registration, and my drivers license chopped up into confetti, and a mail bomb on the way to the insurance whores :smile:

·
More bikes than brains
5,319 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
SpikedLemon said:
Do you trust the gov'nt to have another peice of your identity?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to laugh when I hear that all the time... christ, they gave me my identity, its nothing new to them

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I doubt that it is true. Telemarketers are not allowed to call cell phones currently because when they do, it uses your minutes. Sort of like marketing via-fax machines. It's illegal because it costs you money for them to advertise to you. Next time you get a telemarketer calling, tell them that you're on a cell phone and not to call again - they won't.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Ouuhaahahahahahahaa!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is hilarious! :waytogo:

If it wasn't true (as CNN and Snopes say)-
why is there a governmental site wanting you to give out your cellphone number and email ?

:kaboom:

There's a saying in germany:

Ein Schelm, der Böses dabei denkt! :grin:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
specialsymbol said:
why is there a governmental site wanting you to give out your cellphone number and email ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The gov't site just says you can register a mobile phone, but doesn't say you should or shouldn't. It's like saying, I want to go across the street, should I drive or walk? And they say you can drive.

I'm tempted to agree with Snopes on this one - by a telemarketer calling your cell phone, you don't have the option not to spend money (i.e. use up minutes).

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yes it is true, the government has decided to let Telemarketers call your cell phone.

I work for a cell phone company and know that we are either not giving out our numbers or are putting all numbers on the no call list already so they don't have to do anything. So check with your provider to see what they are doing and if you need to register on the No call list.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
When the US collapses into oblivion and we all have to go "mad max" I'll be buzzin along the highways on the Mille to be sure, no plates, no registration, and my drivers license chopped up into confetti, and a mail bomb on the way to the insurance whores

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in! I'll be Lord Humongous.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts