Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin to get a honda cbr600 or a kawasaki ninja....what year & which bike do u suggest i get for a semi-new biking person.....nothing too pricey..or do u have any other good suggestions for a ~600cc bike????

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
i'm gonna use my new attachment abilities here haha...

1996 honda cbr 600 f3, with 9000 miles, dropped and repainted, had a frame crack that i wasn't informed of, two brothers slip on, 3500 bucks, shoulda been cheaper, if i only saw the welded crack underneat the plastic..doh!

just be smart, this bike has informed me that it's more than willing to fling me into the woods if i get too naughty with it, and every bike will do the same if you get out of control.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My first bike is a 97 f3 very good begginers bike but still has the potential just like any other bike to kill you if you let it. I bought mine for 3200 and in very good condition except it had 22000 miles on it.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
i recommend the gixxer 1K or the hayabusa! they're cheap, not too fast and you won't be too mad if you drop them cuz they're ugly anyway. /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Good choice by sticking with 600cc's. Go with the F2. It will depreciate the least, cost the least to fix after a drop, and make it feel EVEN BETTER when you learn to ride it and then switch to the 2004 1000rr or something like that.

I did the stupid thing and bought an F4i from the start. Very risky, many close calls when first riding ... just not worth it. In fact, I'm about to buy an F2 when I can find one and ride it on the track. The F4i is simply too expensive to crash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts