Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Honda boys. Can my buddy put a '94 CBR600 swingarm on a '90 CBR? He would like to get a wider rear tire. If so, how wide can he go w/ the '94 swingarm?

Screw you guys...I'm goin' home

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hmmmm I think Nominal_Squid can answer that one.../images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>SilverF4/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>"Respect the Wrist!!!" <font color=red>Brok! Brok!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Given machine shop access, you can do whatever you want. It's not going to bolt straight up...the pivot point and the shock mount are different. It would likely be cheaper and easier to buy a '94 F2 in the first place.

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
900 Posts
Besides the fact that the really the biggest tire your going to get on a 94F2 swingarm that is going to give you any gains is a 170. You can put a 160 on a 90 rear rim and swingarm just fine. If he's so wound up about having a wider tire then tell him to save his money on buying and modifying this kinda stuff and go buy a newer bike.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I would go with the newer bike option to, but got to agree with Nominal_squid, given a machine shop ANYTHING is possible!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Does that mean a 1994 F2 swingarm is narrower than a 1998 F3? Because you can get a 180 tire on a 6in wheel and squeeze that baby on a 1998 F3.

Objects in mirror are RAPIDLY getting SMALLER!
'98 Smokin Joe F3 - Miguel Duhamel rocks!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Well I surely wouldn't recommend putting a 180 tire on a F2 or F3 wheel. For one thing you are decreasing your contact patch, your not gaining any performance by doing this none at all, well except looks I suppose. I agree also with Nominal...I'm a machinest, and have put a 98 GSXR swingarm and a 1100 rear rim inside of that, and 96 front forks and wheel, and a 97 subframe on a 87 GSXR. So yah with the right tools and machines you can make just about anything work. Now putting a different rim in a different swingarm you have to put different wheel bearing spacers in, and your going to have to look at how much further out does the sprocket carrier set out from where the counter sprocket is located.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts