Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
It means there's a trouble code stored in the computer. It could be caused by a bunch of different things. Unfortunately, diagnosing it is not within the range of the average backyard mechanic. You'd probably be best off taking it to your Honda dealer to get it checked out.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Because your bike runs fine I would clear/erase all of your error codes if you know how. Then wait to see if that FI light comes back on. Sometimes 1 little hiccup in the system will cause an error code and it wont go away until you erase it. If it returns then look into it more seriously. It may just be a sensor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Following the ideas from expert guys on this list, it is not probably a serious problem since your bike runs fine. You have to let us know whether the red light blinks or stays lit.

As per your initial comment, it seems to me that the FI red light stays lit even though your bike operates well. If so, there should be a faulty on ECM caused probably for reasons explained by LadRodent (hiccup), or even some connector/wire needs to be checked. I suggest, disconnect your battery’s bike beginning by negative cable, then disconnect the positive, hold 5 minutes at least, then connect positive and the negative and check. If light keep on, check some wire and connector from PGM-FI, you might find water or corrosive fouling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts