Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
eMotoMech
10,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to take a serious interest in dirt bikes and dirt racing. Gimme a break here, I always wanted a dirt bike growing up but my dad always made the excuse there was no where to ride it in our NJ neighborhood :kaboom: But better late than never :grin:

My question is, whats the difference between Motocross, Arenacross, and Supercross? And did I miss any? :smile:

·
eMotoMech
10,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Somebody, anybody know? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I came across a pretty cool race when I was searching for info...

http://www.enduromania.net/ (sorry website not in english, but if you click the tiny British flag in the top right corner area, it changes it to english :smile:)

Seems they have an enduro races across the Carpathian mountains(like where the fabled Dracula is from /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif). My bloodline is about 40% Romanian and I grew up going to a Romanian church hearing Catholic prayers in Romanian, so I may be more enthusiastic about this race than others. But still would be an awesome place to ride /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Still looking for the lowdown on diffs in ArenaCross, etc. :help:

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
Sorry, I didnt see this the first time. The biggest difference between the 3 types of racing is the size of the track. Motocross is held outdoors and lap times are typically 2 to 3 minutes. Supercross is held in football and baseball stadiums with lap times around a minute or so. Arenacross is held in rodeo arenas and sometimes in facilities as small as a basketball arena. Lap times are in the 30 second range. Supercross and arenacross are obviously all man made obstacles, motocross tracks use a lot of natural terrain with man made junps added in. The bikes are the same except for tuning. Any other questions just post up

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
enduro's are 50-100 miles over all natural terrain....The best kind of racing :bow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts