Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a camcorder mount for the bikes, and need some recommendations. I have found a couple on the internet, but without actually seeing them in action, I don't want to trust my $800 camera to something I've never seen.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!

Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry, can't help but thought this might be of interest. A guy called Wayne Soman got stopped for a "routine" check and the coppers saw he had a camera on his tank. They confiscated it and watched the tape only to see Wayne scratching at speeds up to 165mph. He is now serving 12months which he can thank his camcorder for.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I didn't plan on recording my top speed blasts, but more so some tight turns at about 60-65mph. Thanks for the warning, I'll keep that thought in the back of my mind.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thats a load. How did they prove it was him on the bike.Did they prove it was his bike. Did they check speedo for accuracy?Unless he was caught in the act and not at a routine stop, can they arrest him or even look at the tape. Doesnt sound right. Or he got a bad lawyer.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Remember this; the guy who's doing time because of the camcorder was a British in Great Britain where they can use it as evidence. That doesn't hold true in the states or Germany...

As for the mount, I fabricated one on the 7R on both the fairing stay (forward) and another one on the exhaust can bracket (rear). They are both L shaped for my cam which I will take a pic and post them tomorrow with the digital. The rear one picks up all of the GROWL of the can where the front picks up the VACUUM of the ram intake! /images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hey, you can find a thing that works great at your local hardware store. Just some good ole fashioned DUCT TAPE

I Burn Dust and You Can Eat my rubber!!!!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I got a helmet camera and mounted my camcorder in my trunk. Here are some pictures.

Here is the mount attached to the fairning stay.

(About the holes, yeah what my dad said, measure once, cut twice. Or did I get that backwards?)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is the mount that I have for my 01' ZX-9R. It mounts to the tank using longer bolts in the stock tank ring. The post quick disconnects and the gas cap can open so base can be left on.

My dad machines parts for custom early model Bronco’s and I gave them the rough drawing and this is what he came up with. He is currently working on an improvement that will move the post forward more and allow the quick disconnect to be done without an Allen wrench. Once he perfects it we are going to look into getting them CNC'd and selling them. If we do I'll be sure to post.

You can check out 2 short mpgs of my 1st test run here:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bpperoni/mounttest1.mpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bpperoni/mounttest2.mpg

·
Registered
679 Posts
Mtneer, that is definetly a sweet setup, you dad does good work, when you get it all worked out let me know for sure. I'm really interested in that...

steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey C-Not how much was that cam and where did you get it from. Im really looking for a camera to record all the glorious moments with the fellas when we go out riding. i miss more riding then when i have to stop and video to show off for the camera

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just made a helmet cam from an X-10 wireless security camera. I didn't want my $800 DV in harms way and I wanted to be able to mount the mini cam anywhere. My DV is tucked in the trunk with the recieving unit which is hardwired to my bikes battery. I took the mini cam and sending unit, removed it from it's base and got a battery pack and installed the sending unit inside. I made a 3ft. 5 conducter wire from the min cam to the send unit. Got an adjustable nylon belt and attached the battery pack/send unit to it with a screw and some velcro. I can mount it anywhere on me or the bike and move off the bike (since it's wireless) and keep my DV safe in a foam box in my trunk. Here's a pic of it mounted inside my helmet which worked great. The whole thing cost me about $70 including supplies to make.

<font color=green>If your elbow isn't touching, what's the point in riding?</font color=green>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts