Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jason. How was your trip back? I saw that you guys left. You didnt miss much Sunday. Cold and rainy. I was in turn 7 without anything blocking the wind from us. Had 2 funny crashes though Sunday. Both after the checker. 1 in turn 1, a Buell (ex plate) lost a caliper bolt (my guess it wasnt wired) and it locked his wheel heading into 1. The other was a amateur (only 2 were signed up in this race) who won his first race dropped his bike after putting his arms up going between turns 3 and 3a. Both alright (the amateur was laughing his head off according to the corner that was there).

On a side note. The LCR instructor that was hurt in a crash on the main straight is doing ok now. He was supposed to be released Tuesday.

Jason, was nice to meet you and your friends.

YZFRob

97 YZF750R7
93 CBRF2 sponsored by TrickTape

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hey Rob,
It was good to meet you, sorry I did not get much of chance to talk to you, I was busy trying to fix the bike. Yeah, we took off, the guys decided that they were not going to ride when the temperature was only 35 and raining. So about 10:00 a.m. we headed back to home. We will be back there I around 5 more times this year. Are you going to be working out there a lot this year? If you are we will have to meet up again, and hopefully I wont be so busy.

You are a better man than me to stand out there in the rain for free, I am not sure that I would of wanted to do that.

Well I'll let you know when we will be back out there again, take it easy.

Jason

I am probably a lot faster than you think you are!!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who said it was for free?/images/icons/laugh.gif Cornerworkers get $50/day +lunch and gate admission./images/icons/smile.gif I'm gonna work until I get a job and health insurance and then its back to racing.

YZFRob

97 YZF750R7

·
Registered
678 Posts
I did not know that, I might have to look into doing some corner working one of these weekends.

I am probably a lot faster than you think you are!!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first day you work is training and you dont get paid for it. But you get to watch the races from a vantage point most people cant./images/icons/smile.gif

YZFRob

97 YZF750R7

1 - 5 of 5 Posts