Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know (assume) that most of you are probably into the AMA as far as a domestic championship. But if you look across the water at the British Superbike,youll find that last years privateer champ Shane "Shakey" Byrne (also of FastBike magazine)is on a competetive-Renegade Ducati-bike and is only about a half second off the pole, on the second row at Silverstone for the first race of the season. He is the peoples underdog.

Sean Emmet 21.909 pole
Steve Hislop 22.302
John Reynolds 22.331
Michael Rutter 22.445
Shane Byrne 22.584

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
you pretty intouch with whats going on over the pond, can you tell us what DJ(David Jefferies) is doing?

<font color=green>W</font color=green><font color=orange>L</font color=orange><font color=red>F</font color=red>

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those results were last chance Qualifying and it now stands that Shane "Shakey" Byrne crashed on the warm-up lap for the Superpole . New front row will be
Steve Hislop
Sean Emmet
John Reynolds
John Crawford
Michael Rutter
Shakey will start in the 16 position.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Tricky couldnt find anything right away on Jefferies. But as far as I can tell he was doing theSupermoto Championship with Vertemati, while still under contract with V&M. I went to the TT website and they have Ian Duffus andJim Moodie with the V&M team. Perhaps I missed something but I cant seem to find any mention of Jefferies in BSS either. I would like an answer to that question also if anyone can help. Hes got the outright lap record at 125.69,so wuz up.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
and the prototype season for "1000cc across the board" limits has begun. and run on a monday no less... :)
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Emmett takes BSB season opener

1 Apr 2002
By Andy Downes at Silverstone

Sean Emmett won the MCN-sponsored BSB curtain raiser at Silverstone today from Steve Hislop. The pair had a lonely dice for the result, with Steve Plater on the Virgin Yamaha R1 a distant third place, some 15 seconds behind the two Ducati riders.

Afterwards a delighted Emmett told MCN: " That was fantastic! We only picked the machines up on Friday with no time to sort them out, so it was Roy of the Rovers stuff, really.

" Fortunately, that’s the same bike I’ve been using for the last two seasons so we had all the settings we needed and I didn’t have to change anything. "

The IFC Ducati rider had been helped by back markers which baulked Hislop on the last lap. Hislop said: " It was a good race – just me and Sean - and I thought I had it, but those back markers ruined my game, really. "

Reigning champion John Reynolds was fourth, followed by Shane Byrne and Karl Harris. A full results page can be found by clicking on the Reports, Results and Race Standing link in the British Superbikes section of Racing.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Shamar1 1000cc across the board and it finally seems there is at least some parity among bikes. Hislop on a Duc took race 2 with Reynolds on a GSXR1000 in second although it wasnt a blanket finish. First year w/ the 1000s means in time we might be able to have more than one brand winning all of the races. (If you know what I mean)
It looks as if Shakey had a DNF in race 2. Oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts