Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy oh boy, I can\'t wait until I replace my tires!

Guess what UPS delivered to me??

Seems like a normal box, right?
Well, let's open it up.

Hmmm...tires. Wonder why I would recieve tires? I didn't pay for them... :laugh:

Special thanks to Jeff Johnston at Pirelli for getting them to me. They were a little difficult to get across teh border, and I assume, kind of ran into some logistical issues because it took almost three months to get to me. Good thing there is a crap load of snow and ice or else I might of gone insane waiting for them to come in.

I figure I have about 3000km/1800 miles left on my Metz's...that means I should have the Pirelli Sport Demons fitted on the GS around June :laugh: :laugh:

:bow: :bow:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Re: Boy oh boy, I can\'t wait until I replace my tires!

GS, thanks for this post! You just assisted m in making up my mind on new tires for the gf's bike. You da man!

PEACE!

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Flank, the invoice stated that the list price from Parts Unlimited was $242.90 for both the front and rear ($122.95 for the front, $119.95 for the front).

Good investment, if I do say so myself :grin:

·
Registered
2,648 Posts

Let me know if they handle any better than the meltzers.

BTW, you were having the same problem as I was running out of tire on the front while leaned over. I found that running the front tire about 2-3psi above spec helps this quite a bit and improve front end feel overall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.