Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since my financial situation is not the greatest and I want to ride really bad I picked up a 1993 ZX6 E-1 from a local dealer for 1500 bucks. needs some right hand fairing work (i.e. lowers, mids, footpeg)

It was the same bike I owned a mere 9 years ago, ok with a little time and some parts I'll have her back on the road.
Girlfriends pickup is in shop getting a new clutch so I have to wait to pick it up til sat.

I'll just be happy to have something to ride again and maybe trade it later, or keep it and pick up something else.

Ok just had to share...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had one just like it and I'd forgotten how much fun I had on that scooter! It was my first true rocket. One good thing is there should be no shortage for used parts. Someone backed into mine about 6 months after I bought it and I had no problems finding parts for it back then which would be about 7 years or so ago. Damn I'm old! Even worse...I feel old!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he he he, Yea I know what you mean tim! I feel like an old bastard too!

I called 2 places today and they have everything I need, I called Midwest action cycle too and they can order all the parts brand new (painted and decaled) I'm gonna go look at what these used parts guys have and if its good stuff I'll buy if not I'll spend the extra and get new.

Yea there is a lot of parts availible for the F2's F3's and ZX6's thanks to all the squids who wrecked em and never fixed em. /images/icons/smile.gif

I called over about the bike and it has a reg title , so aparently the guy who crashed it never turned it in. Thats a plus for me , no going through the salvage title thing.

ok later

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
good luck firedaddy.....i hope everythign gets better for you...i think that simply because of your mushroom knowledge and experiences- you know more than the average person....odd how those experiences make you feel seperate from most of society eh?! take it easy on the bike, i hope the rehab is goin well man.....best of luck
willie

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep going good, Thanks Willie , my leg is pretty much back to normal , about every two weeks there is a little less pain. Right now it feels kinda like a mild sprain ...the pain is just there, but not that bad.

I'm happy I had a little money stashed away, I really wanted to buy something nicer but thats ok, I'll just cruise around on this thing for a while. For a 600 its quite a smooth ride, and hey its a bargin at 1500 bucks plus parts. I want to put about 1000 bucks into her and it will be rideable. Ok when you gotta ride you gotta ride!!

Later fellas...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
FireDaddy~ If you need any engine parts or a clutch let me know. I've got a complete engine from a 96 6E in my basement. I've also got the stock exhaust system. Left pipe is in perfect condition, the right side pipe is scratched all up.

I've also got a nice tank bra for the 6E too /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sport Rider just did an article on "updating" the very same bike. Nothing too drastic, just a little modernizing here & there to bring the performance up to snuff. A good read, very informative.

<font color=purple> This bike capable of evading high speed pursuit!</font color=purple>

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
9'srwildmfka, Oh yea ? what issue was that? I would like to pick that up.

Even though the ZX6E came out from the factory pretty plush (more sport-touring) with a little work it can be made into a capable machine. For starters the huge factory exhaust, and drop the center stand, front suspension upgrade either springs or swap with a later adjustable fork set. An addiontional rear HP shock would be a plus but i hear they wear out really fast.

I want to put new plastic on the one I'm getting and pop on a muzzy header, drop the center stand , add a barnett clutch and change the front fork springs. That will be good enough for backroad blasting and keep it to an affordable level.

ok later...

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
think it's worth it fdaddy? i'd say you can still have a pretty good time on it without those mods and save your cash for your next bike.....all those little addons cost money, and what you were just talking about would be what about 1k with parts and labor?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, thats about what I want to spend willie, I could have bought a gsxr or zx-11 or f2 f3 for about the same price wrecked but the 6 fits me so good.

I don't want to spend a whole lot but a grand or so will get me through till next season or unless I get an insurance settlement any time soon (lawyers are still battling it out)

ok later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts