Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know anything about this exhaust? like what it might sound like? the pic shows the passenger pegs still there, it's a dual canister setup with dual outlets on each canister.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looks pretty wild! Never heard anything about it.

Jay
Hello, Come in Earth, Over./images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Blue Flame is made in the UK and over on the UK aprilia riders board I heard someone complaining about the quality of a slip on he got from them. The first one he received had a dent and the replacement also had a dent in it. He gave up after they suggested that maybe it was the Post Office denting them as they wouldn't ship a dented muffler. Maybe they wouldn't ship a damaged muffler but maybe they should examine their packaging methods. He lived there and was able to get a replacement sent to him in a matter of days with no customs or high international shipping charges so I wouldn't want to know what it would be like trying to resolve the same issue from across an ocean. They do look cool though

Take care,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I found a web site with prices and pics. It is www.bbxtr.com here are some more pics. And just when i decided on the arrow duals, guess i minght have to rethink that one.

Madmille

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Blue Flame I heard is one of the best new exhaust companies in europe. It's made in England. Good Quality and I heard the tone is very aggressive sounding.

First rule of driving, what is behind me is not important!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have done some research and these are a dual slip on kit. The quality seems very good and there are a couple of dealers that i have talked to and they assured me that there would be no problem with damaged pipes or canisters. They are avaiable in single or dual tip outlets, and in a couple canister types.

Madmille

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just talked to a blume flame rep and he said that all of their canisters come with a lifetime warrenty except putting carbon on a twin bike. The prices also do not reflect inport tax and other fees. The 3D carbon does have a Ti sleeve so that pipe will be warrentied, but not the true carbon cans with no liner.

Madmille

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
MIG is the originator of the 3D carbon design. They call it Aluminized carbon fiber. My friend has 'em on his RC51, and they're definitely gorgeous pipes.

You can see pics at http://www.eurobikes.com in the MIG section.

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
883 Posts
I don't get the dual oulet thing. Is it just for looks?
If it is, it seems weird to want dual pipe, dual outlets, on a twin. Four outlets seems inconsistant to me. Who in the world would want their twin to look like a four? I know that is just an opinion thing, but if it has real purpose, then I would be all for it. Anyone know?

·
Registered
41 Posts
According to B&B racing they are purely astetic. But they suposidly give it some god awful low rumble that sounds "Really wicked" Personally i think i will order the single outlet, dual canister in titanium. I thought about that 3D carbon, but i already have a bunch of carbon fiber bits on my bike so it wouldn't have matched anyway.

Madmille

1 - 20 of 23 Posts