Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dates... Idieas...
anyone got any suggestions?

I suggest we do it March 19th, at the ST. Patrick's Day Spring
Opening Ride. That day there will be lots of sport bike riders on
the gap and I can try to get the BUBBA's to contribute "to the
cause" as well when they come to AR-ranch for the St. Patty's Party.

Suggestion #1:

Nick & I thought we could set up a grill & cook hot dogs at the AR
Gap south junction parking lot. Every rider can pay $10 each, get a
hot dog lunch & go ride the Gap. The proceeds all go to the Big
Flat Fire Dept. (after we purchase 2 canyon dancers that we give to
them.) Or maybe a couple of you on the AR Gap website wants to
donate a canyon dancer that we can give to them.

OK... that is one suggestion. Anyone else want to come up with any
other ones. We are just in the "brain storming" phase.. so please
do speak up with your ideas.

Kathy

Nick.... I saw your post.... you can be in charge of the wiener roasting, yeah?
There should be around 65 riders at the St. Patrick's Day Spring Opening Ride at AR-ranch that weekend. Good time to raise $$ & get some help to do this fund raiser I would think. There will be riders wives at AR-ranch for the weekend that won't be riding. I am sure one of the MSSR wives would be happy to drive a vehicle to the gap with the grill, wieners, etc.

Suggestion 2:

We can have a "Faster I & II" big screen showing at the BUBBA Hut some weekend during winter and I will cook up some food & we can have a fund raiser fun after noon. Could be a good way to break up the boring winter PMS (parked motorcycle syndrom) on a Jan. or Feb. day.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mt. Home Aprilia Louis has volunteered to do the "cooking" for the event.

So, Nick & Louis are the official "dog men".

Anyone else wanna step up & volunteer. I plan to sell tickets in advance. I could use some help with that one with the LR/Conway riders. Then the riders can just show up & hand them their ticket and eat.... tire kick & chat a short spell... then go back to riding.

If anyone can't make the ride March 18th St. Patrick's Day Spring Opening Ride... I will honor the "lunch ticket" at the AR Gap Rally (Labor Day Weekend) wiener roast.

How does that sound?
Kathy

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't know what my schedule will be like in March, but if I'm free, I'll more than likely be there. It will be in truck, but still in the area. If for some reason I can't make it, then I will send my donation to someone either by Paypal, or check in the mail. I want to help out as well... just need to make sure the US Air Force will allow me. :waytogo:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wildman..

We are printing "FREE MEAL TICKETS" for the Big Flat Fire Dept. Fund Raiser.

You can purchase the ticket now.... it is a business card size ticket with the date & details on it. We are doing this for advance sales & purchases before the Mar. 19th event. And, some riders just want to donate thier $10 and not come. But the "FREE MEAL TICKET" at least gives them the option of coming to the Mar. 19th event or the AR Gap Rally event and still get the free meal.

However... I am designing it to where advance donations of the $10 for the "FREE MEAL TICKET" can hold on to that card and come either to the Mar. 19th AR Gap parking lot weiner roast for thier lunch 11-1... OR come to AR Ranch Fri. or Sat. Mar. 18th or 19th for their evening meal (and get it free)... OR hang onto the card til Labor Day Weekend and I will honor the Free meal at the Fri. night AR Gap Rally weiner roast.

In your truck... don't matter... there will be others in cages at that event. Hey, most of the out-of-state riders coming in for that event come in cages with trailers to AR-ranch Thur. or Fri. before Mar. 19th.

Anyone wanting to send a check for $10 and have their "FREE MEAL TICKET" mailed to them, send the check to:

Kathy Mellembakken
P.O. Box 156
Franklin, AR 72536

I will promise you that you will recieve the "FREE MEAL TICKET", a business size card to put in your wallet to keep until you come to the AR Gap area and use it at one of the events mentioned... and I host them & will honor the "tickets"... whenever.

OK? Just be sure when you mail me the $10... you also include your full name & address, so I can mail you the "FREE MEAL TICKET" card... OK.
Kathy

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Big Flat Fire Dept. Fund Raiser - DONATIONS

The donation list has started:

1. TONY is donating canyon dancers & tie downs. THANKS Tony Orihuela. Check out his shop guys. http://www.yamahasportscenter.com/locations.cfm :waytogo:

2. PAT (Missouri) is paying for all the hot dog buns we need. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. NICK (Batesville) & LOUIS(Mt. Home) are official "dog men", the "chefs" for the 11-1 AR Gap parking lot weiner roast. :grin: :applause:

4. JAY (Mt.Home) will be the Crossroads Cafe Ambassador. Meeting & greeting, taking pictures of the bikes & riders gathering at Allison. He will also do the Official "Blessing of the Bikes" for any riders wanting their bikes blessed. Donations will be accepted at this location. :bow:

5. Arild & I are going to do the picture taking & filming. And of course, tie up any other "loose end". We will print the "FREE MEAL TICKTS" for advance donation purchases.

6. AIR EVAC is going to have a display from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 19th at the Crossroads Cafe at Allison. They will fly the rescue chopper in for demo/display from Noon - 1 p.m. (only for 1 hr. can they be there.) :laugh: :waytogo:

9.Mike (Little Rock) is paying for all the hot dogs we need. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I will keep updating this list as new donations come in & riders volunteer to help out.

We will need volunteers for: (ANY ONE WANT TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP?) :help:

7. A Cliffhouse Restaurant Ambassador to greet & meet with riders, take pictures, and collect donations from the riders for the fund raiser.

8. A catsup, relish, bun, chip, water/soda Distribution Coordinator for at the AR Gap parking lot Wiener Roast. (fancy job name, huh?)

Kathy

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

Hehe! Kathy, you've got it all figured out. Nice work :laugh:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Mike,

I'll write you down for the Hot Dog donation. Just bring your check book Mar. 19th to pay for them. (if that is OK with you) One of the MSSR wives will stop at Wal-mart & pick up some hot dogs, put them in the cooler to take to the gap in the cage. She will have the weiner receipt for you to do your donation. That way you can ride & don't have to worry about hauling hot dogs on your bike. That could be a funny site though. LOL at the thought. :lol:

Is that OK with you?

The other thing I would ask of you... around 12-12:30 on the 19th, can you make a stop at the "weiner roast parking lot" just to make sure they haven't run out of hot dogs. That way we have a designated rider making sure no one goes hungry.

How about this title for you, official "dog controller". :grin: :lol:

You know Nick, one of the "dog men". And you have met Louis (the other "dog man" I think at one of our other riders you were at. He is the one that was on the Aprilia Futura at one of the rides you were at. He also rides R1.

Thanks a million!!! :bow:
Kathy

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

Are we doing Gas or Charcoal? I could buy the fuel either way (or write a check for it).

-Nick

·
Registered
321 Posts

If we are only doing Hot Dogs I'd say charcoal is fine since they don't take very long to cook. Although gas would be alot cheaper than numerous bags of charcoal and lighter fluid.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

I agree. Well, we need someone to bring a gas grill :809028-ridin:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Mike... I would guess $35-50 for all the hot dogs. That's about what it was at the AR Gap Rally last year.

We have 2 big charcoal grills we can get to the AR gap on our big Ford Truck with the MSSR wife driver. We don't have any gas grills. The big Ford, better known as Hercules, can take everything... coolers filled with hot dogs, boxes with buns, grills, charcoal bags, etc.

Someone to volunteer the charcoal would be good.

Someone wanna volunteer some bags of chips or potato salad would be good, too.

Someone wanna donate the cokes, and another some bottle water. I have 4 big coolers I can fill with the sodas/water & put ice on 'em before hauling Hercules over.

There should be 25-35 riders staying overnight here at AR-ranch Fri. night the 18th... so I will have plenty of help loading everything up onto Hercules the morning of the 19th.
Kathy

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

Mike,

I can help you with some of the expenses on charcoal and/or hotdogs. Plus we've got a godo deal on some buns. Maybe even free. Depends on Ideal bread of Batesville and GXRBob.

-Nick

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Back at AR-ranch if you wanna spend Sat. night at the St. Patrick's Day "party".

There is always something "brewing" at the ranch. :shocked:

Music, bon-fire, race dvd's... some good "Ranch chow" that evening & some great stories (some true, some stretched) of rides & sport bikes. The MSSR guys have some DVD's of their rides, as well as we have pics & DVD's of 2003 & 2004 rides. Some of you are even on those. I immagine Faster I & II will be shown as well.

There should be 25-35 riders here Sat. evening. Always has been in the past. It is my 50th birthday & Rick, the MSSR Pres.(Mid South Sport Riders out of Memphis, TN) also has his birthday that weekend. We have 4 condos in Horseshoe Bend rented, and we got the "bunkhouse" here at AR-ranch. There's always room somewhere. Usually riders from 5 diff. states show up for this. You local riders should definately try to come if you can. It's the 4th yr. we've had the St. Patrick's Day party at AR-ranch & it is a BLAST!
Kathy

·
Registered
569 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
DynamiteTNT said:I immagine Faster I & II will be shown as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

FASTER II? I did not realize there was such a movie. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

When did it come out? Where can I get a copy of it?

I think someone is pullin' your leg, my dear. :smirk:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts