Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F-16's is DC

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Re: \"Big Brother at home\" or \"Concerned Parents\"

I guess its a useful idea..but comon people. You're taking all the fun out of being a kid and learning your lessons because you f*cked it up on your own!

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[ QUOTE ]
MiniBubba said:
Its not like the kids will tear of the bumper sticker, or throw the phone out the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steal the phone and get on the bike... rip it up to the top of 6th... :grin:

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
Parents who would do that are the same ones who have their kids on a leash at the mall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, it is amongst the more strange things to see a parent with their kid on a retractable leash, like the kind used for small dogs. If your kid is so young or so stupid that you need it leashed to you, maybe you should consider staying at home.

·
Registered
479 Posts

I am all about privacy but I also feel parents are responsible for their kids behavior. If I were a kid and I was about to speed I would turn off my phone. When I was 16 I crashed my mom's car at 120mph. Maybe this would have prevented that. Then again, I learned a lot that day.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts

The teen would probably just forget the phone pretty oftern , and a little tape and sticker be gone till you get home . I dont feel you should/can be to controlling as a parent

·
Registered
5,278 Posts

Great idea..wrong approch..the device needs to be part of the car.....aka black box

Im a kids worse nightmare.....

My son on his computer w/o his knowledge has...
key logging
mouse tracking
Software that limits/budgets his time for each application.....and web access
I can remotely view whats he's viewing (ie see his desk top and what apps are open)
w/o his knowlwdge..in real time

I make it a point to ask where he's been where he's going..how long..whos gonna be there

I WILL show up unannounced..and expected at time at school to sit in on his classes

Short leash..you betcha......

I stil let him be him..He can wear his pants down to the crack of his a$$..not comb his hair..play his music loud..ie be a kid.....But I know who he is and what he's doing....

That is a parents primary job..these are serious times...and Im serious about my son

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts

Good point Bit ~

My dad checked my tires ever so often looking for 'unsual' wear patterns and such. My mom attempted to follow me on a date once, but that didn't go over so well. You gotta keep tabs on some stuff, and you can do that without destroying their self image & such. Somewhere recently, they were experiment with a GPS enabled black box that you could keep track of a car with. Easy to conceal & very hard to disable ~

JM

·
Registered
89 Posts

This is a terrible idea. There should be a vote option that says "I strongly disagree because this conflicts with my freedom." Also, the idiot that suggested a black box should be shot. You're the reason people lose their freedom and some day they might insert black boxes into cars and motorcycles. Death to you. Discipline your children correctly and you won't have problems.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
BitViper said:
Great idea..wrong approch..the device needs to be part of the car.....aka black box

Im a kids worse nightmare.....

My son on his computer w/o his knowledge has...
key logging
mouse tracking
Software that limits/budgets his time for each application.....and web access
I can remotely view whats he's viewing (ie see his desk top and what apps are open)
w/o his knowlwdge..in real time

I make it a point to ask where he's been where he's going..how long..whos gonna be there

I WILL show up unannounced..and expected at time at school to sit in on his classes

Short leash..you betcha......

I stil let him be him..He can wear his pants down to the crack of his a$$..not comb his hair..play his music loud..ie be a kid.....But I know who he is and what he's doing....

That is a parents primary job..these are serious times...and Im serious about my son

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish there were more parents like you. Keep up the good work. :waytogo:

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
crenix said:
This is a terrible idea. There should be a vote option that says "I strongly disagree because this conflicts with my freedom." Also, the idiot that suggested a black box should be shot. You're the reason people lose their freedom and some day they might insert black boxes into cars and motorcycles. Death to you. Discipline your children correctly and you won't have problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you're for not having the black boxes on aircraft either then? Give me a good solid example where having a device on a vehicle that allows me to check up on how it's being driven violates your freedom. :bird:

JM

·
Registered
6,429 Posts

Isn't there some kind of difference between a black box used to retrieve flight data from a crash and a black box used to follow your every move? Just wondering.

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
thenightangel said:
Isn't there some kind of difference between a black box used to retrieve flight data from a crash and a black box used to follow your every move? Just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

The device I was talking about tracked accleration, motor revs, speed, lateral G forces and oil/water temps and other information. It wasn't GPS enabled, just tracked HOW the car had been driven.

JM

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts

Well, I look at it like this. If I'm paying for, maintaining, putting gas into etc a car for my teenager, I expect said teenager to drive it with responsibility. If he's abusing the vehicle or driving like a maniac, I can tell. Otherwise, he can enjoy his freedom walking or bumming rides from other people.

It should not be standard equipment, but something I could put on a vehicle as a chose to. In other words, the Government needs no hand it this type of thing ~

JM

JM

1 - 20 of 41 Posts