Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this subject has been brought up a few times, and I hate to beat a dead horse, however, this horse won't go anywhere!!! There has been many a posting of someone who has the 998 BB kit or knows someone who has it and it's being installed. That was about 4-5 months ago. Is there anyone out there who has some "Concrete information" on the results of the kit. Tuning shops excluded (not saying that they may be biased with their numbers) Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
882 Posts
You are in luck. Go pick up the March 02 issue of Performance Bikes. It is an import magazine from the UK, I bought mine at Barnes and Noble. They have an article on a big bore 9R, peak HP is 151. I think the base bike is a '98 9R.

Einstein says high speed slows time, so go fast, stay young!
http://home.satx.rr.com/jroberts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I've seen that article before. I want some input from the "Kawboys" here online. Believe it not, I actually think I would get a ....how can I say....more truthful input from here.

·
Registered
882 Posts
WHAT?! A non-objective magazine article? I am SHOCKED that you would think such a thing! /images/icons/wink.gif/images/icons/smile.gif

Seems like there was someone here talking about having one installed about a month or two ago, maybe he will show up.

Einstein says high speed slows time, so go fast, stay young!
http://home.satx.rr.com/jroberts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I bet at the end of the article, they say "The ZX9R is still the worst big bike out there. It isn't a good race bike." I hate those magazine reviews on the ZX9.

I Burn Dust and You Can Eat my rubber!!!!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

"The ZX9R is still the worst big bike out there. It isn't a good race bike." I hate those magazine reviews on the ZX9.

<hr></blockquote>

That annoys me too but I just say Good, I'm glad it's not a race bike because I bought it to ride on the street.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well I'm not sure if I'm the one your talking about ,but I have mentioned my 998 kit here in the last couple weeks. All dependes on what dyno you get the #'s from, I havn't dynoed mine yet, all I know is it's faster than a GSXR1k,R1 or 954. There's a guy over at Sportbikes.net who only has a 1mm over, and some head work and blew his buddies 954 away and the 954 rider was there to say it's true.

The 9R did very well in the Canadian Superbike series a couple years ago, Michael Taylor won a championship. The problem with the 9R is the frame can't handle the engine, and Canadian tracks aren't best suited for the 9R, tight tracks. Put that engine in a 7R frame and it would be tough to beat, there just isn't any level of commitment in the US from Kawasaki to do this.

<font color=green>If your elbow isn't touching, what's the point in riding?</font color=green>

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Moto24,

I'm sure you are just giving helpfull information here. But I have a question for you. I noticed all the modifications you did to your bike and was wondering if the GSXR and R1 you raced were stock or upgraded to your level?

And just how much money have you spent on your bike? Just to get an idea on how much power I could get with that $$$.

And one last one, did you go top speed against these bikes or just roll-ons? And if top speed, did you get a smaller sproket to make it go faster?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moto24. Thanks for the info. I'm not so much worried about total PK Power, but more of the difference in power before and after. Basically what did you gain in Torque and HP overall. As for the GSX guy's comment, well all I'm trying to get to is a even playing ground, remember, I'm spotting the GSXR's close to 99cc's. Let's see, GSX at 998cc..370lbs dry, Kaw with BB kit 998 420 lbs dry. You still have a significant weight advantage so don't worry........Oh by the way, make sure you get a glimpse of my tag as I ride by..BLUBYU he he he !!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
The GSXR 1000 has 988cc.

For the record.

And I still would like to know the answer to my question on the above post, if you don't mind. The suspense is killing me, he, he...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts