Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where at the track is the best place to watch the race? I've never been there and I've only seen two races on TV from Sears Point.

On a lark, a friend called me saying we should go to Sears Point. He was joking, but I didn't know that, and worked out the details for us to go. The tickets are paid for and the motel is reserved. As a bonus, it'll cost under $300 total for the trip (tickets, motel, gas, food, etc....) compared to Laguna (close to $1k). The superbike race is a double header and the race weekend is the end of Sonomafest, so there should be a lot of bikes there.

I'm totally stoked!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well it seems that any advise the I could give you is obsolete now that they have reworked the track. I rode by there yesterday and I can tell you there were big changes. They removed entire hills so that spectators can see across to the other side of the track. They have added more grandstands to the side of the hill also. But with that said I think that if you are near the Carosel(turn 8) you can see the start/finish, the first two turns, the back esses, and the entry/exit of turn 8. It used to be the best place to watch but no P.A. there(hopefully that has changed).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts