Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a slip on for my bike right now, can't afford a full system for it right now, it's a long story...

Basically i think i've narrowed it down to an akrapovic or a leo vince, What do my fellow kawasaki riders think???

I'm riding a 99 ZX9R California Stock.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Steve

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Well, Akropovic is widley known as the best, but the slip-on is just as expensice as a full system from say Micron or two bros for example. I have never heard a leo vinci on a bike, so I can't comment on the sound. In the end, it is really just up to what sounds best to you because there is really no performance gain from just a slip-on. If you really want the Akro then get it, but you could just as easily get a full system for the same price from another company.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I went with the scorpion and I love it. The sound is nice and deep. Also the pipe has a lifetime warranty against defects. The flamed titanium is a bit pricey but you can pick up a stainless one for about $270. Check them out at scorpion-exhausts.com.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got the Leo Vince low mount Slip-on on my 01' ZX-9R. It looks and sounds great. I didn't get my bike dynod before the install so I don't know exactly how much it added, but after it was done I was at 134 hp with a fairly smooth curve.

Attached is a dyno chart that was done after I had an Ivan's jet kit installed. The jet kit only added 1 hp to the peak but it did clean up some of the throttle on / off problems and it knocked out 2 small dips in the curve.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you think you are going to want a full system later, check to see which slipons can be mated to a full system later. Some will do that.

Reid Lanham
2001 ZX7R

·
Registered
59 Posts
i got a muzzy on my zx7 and that thing is sooooooooo faukin loud im afraid to open it up in town. that seems to be a problem when there is cops around but i know people [censored] their pants when i do a fly by on the freeway. hehehe

SOMETIMES U JIST GOTTA SAY F$CKIT

·
Registered
388 Posts
I did a lot of research before buying mine, and for the money\performance ratio, I went with a Scorpion®. I love it! /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Two Brothers bolt-on came in yesterday. It definitely sounds sweet. Nice low growl, but I haven't had the chance to tach it out yet. I went with the Alum. and it was $340 including shipping. Unfortunately, I think they sent me the wrong mounting kit. I was forced to dig through the toolbox to find the correct length bolts and drill the mounting bracket out so it would work with the factory hardware. Other than that I like it so far.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Spiderman, I'm looking at the photo of the ZX9 with the micron. Are the engine covers polished? I polished the primary gear cover on the left side but being magnesium, it tarnishes so quickly. If you guys did polish it, what are you using to keep it shining and not oxidizng so fast.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yosh RS-3 Race slip-on all the way. 130rwhp w/ stock pipe / 140rwhp with yosh slip-on.

<font color=blue>On the Gas Kickin Ass</font color=blue>

·
Registered
388 Posts
The Scorpion has a nice growl down low, but friggin' screams up top. Sounds awsome. I would say its loud, but maybe not as loud as some other pipes. It might make the difference between the cops watching you and pulling you over! /images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts