Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatis some of the better web sites to order helmets from? thanks

I RIDE WITH THE BEST AND WRECK WITH THE REST11111

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Of all the things I would order on line helmets are not one of them, too big of a risk it won't fit right.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
you could always stop by our local shop and get the right size first /images/icons/wink.gif

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey otis i got a 20% off coupon for our local store maybe that will get there prices down a little bit closer to everybody elses

I RIDE WITH THE BEST AND WRECK WITH THE REST11111

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I bought my helmet at helmet harbor. Went to my local dealer, tried the Arai on...told them the price I saw it for online and said what can you do (always give my dealer 1st shot) and he said he would lower his price from $699 to $599 plus tax. Well I like to give local guys 1st shot as I own a retail business, but I got the helmet for $504 including shipping at helmet harbor.

Your dealer may be willing to deal, give them a shot to match the price as you may need them someday and if we all shop online the brick and motar guys won't be there for you...

Jim

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
How did you get a 20% coupon?????

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too had a good experience with Helmet Harbor. Great price and shipped quickly. You do need to try it on at a local shop though before ordering online.

Normally I wouldn't recommend "using" the local dealer, then ordering online, but with helmets the price difference is just absurd. I could see paying a little more locally for the ability to try it on and to support the local shop, but $700 vs. $400? No thanks.

<font color=blue>R-</font color=blue><font color=red>What???</font color=red>

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got a Shoei ZII w/graffics for under $400.00 at a place called Shoeidirect.com It's not really a web site where you can order from. The sight gives a number to a shop down in Florida, call them, tell them what you want - exactly and you'll be amazed at the price. My helmet retails for $579.00 or it did when I bought last year

Ride Fast - Live Slow

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
http://www.dexdirect.com is cheaper than the customlids site!

Case in point: The AGV Evo Replica helmet is #300 UK pounds on the customlids, but is #230 with Dex.

My OGK race replica FF3 helmet was #350 UK, which equated to US $513 delivered.

M.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
LV Bad,

I am confused, did you get a coupon to a local store here in LV or to an online shop?

~A

I have bought including my order today 5 helmets from Kneedraggers.com , and they have been nothing if not the best and most professional.

My .02c

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
cycle Gear sent out a catalog, with coupons inside it, and
one of the coupons was 20% off total purchase.
There was also a 5 dollor off coupon on the cover.
Just go in there and say you forgot your catalog at home
and they'll use one of the cat's they have there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bought my first helmet fro Helmet Harbor and had nothing but good luck with them. I went online again to buy a Arai RX7-RR4 Edwards Black and with the new Arai policy of not allowing there helmets to be sold on-line Helmet Harbor was out of them. I went to Helmetshop.com and they had them for $499.99. My local dealer had one on sale for $645 and he wouldn't match or come close to the on-line price. So I tried it on at the dealer to make sure what size I needed and how it fit and went to Helmetshop.com and bought one. I had it 3 days after I bought it. I will be doing business with them again.

Good luck in finding a helmet.

They don't call me LUCKYDUK for nothing........

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I got my last one from helmetharbor.com, and would definately
use them again. They answered all my questions,
and my helmet arrived when promised.
And the price was right too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts