Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great day to go for a rollicking strafe through your favorite canyons - Christmas day. If you can manage a break in the middle of the day and live in a part of the world where freezer contents don't resemble the streets it should become a yearly tradition. The family could probably use a break from you for a few hours. Traffic is non existent and the cops - fewer than usual and often on double time - tend to be in a better mood than normal (whatever that's worth, pffft). Plus, if stopped you can always use the "I got these [bar ends / frame sliders / boots / gloves / flush mounts] for Christmas from my daughter. They were all she could carry in her tiny little wheelchair and I promised her I'd try them out" excuse, which might carry weight exactly one day a year (8 if the cop happens to be Jewish).

Similar subject, different sport - a great day to play golf (see weather requirement above) is Superbowl Sunday. A morning tee time has you through 18 and at the bar/party well before the pre, pre, pre game show. The course will be a ghost town, trust me. Plan ahead.

Any similar "secrets", post em up.

Happy holidays to all.

Pacifico

·
Registered
439 Posts
If you ride Christmas Day as suggested, please be aware that those autos you DO meet on the road are NOT going to be looking for you, but are preoccupied instead with ill-behaving kids in the back seat, trying to get to Aunt Tilly's in time, balancing that pie/turkey/jello mold on their lap, and finishing out on their cell phone the argument that started at the last relative's house... :flame:

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Mike1eye said:
If you ride Christmas Day as suggested, please be aware that those autos you DO meet on the road are NOT going to be looking for you, but are preoccupied instead with ill-behaving kids in the back seat, trying to get to Aunt Tilly's in time, balancing that pie/turkey/jello mold on their lap, and finishing out on their cell phone the argument that started at the last relative's house... :flame:

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha... Been there, done that? :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts