Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local kawi shop to get some kawi cleaner, and they didnt sell kawi cleaner. They sold Honda cleaner! Owner claimed it works much better than Kawi cleaner. So I bought some. BEST CLEANING STUFF EVER!!!!

I used to use wd40 to get the gunk off my wheels, but this stuff takes it off better. I also used it to shine up the paint and body work. Its like a cleaner, polisher, and protector in 1. It says so on the bottle. That stuff is incredible! I used it on everything.

Its 4.95 a bottle, and more than worth it. My bike has never looked so good.

Its the only cleaner you will ever need. No more armor-all for my plastic and leather, no more wax for the paint, no more wd-40 for the wheels, no more simple-green for the hard to get greasy areas. This stuff does all that.

All you have to do is wash the bike with car wash, then use this stuff to clean and polish EVERYTHING. I went and bought 5 bottles for my house. I plan on using this to clean everything, not just my bike.

I know this sounds like an infomercial, but this stuff really is incredible.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I've never had a problem with Plexxus. I use the super tacky PJ-1 chain lube and what gets on the wheels comes right off with that stuff. It just costs more than what you are talking about so, naturally, I'll have to see where I can get it.

Forgive & forget. Just never forget when I forgive.

·
Registered
76 Posts
But pledge doesn't take chain lube off. Though I use pledge as well. I used plexus before but way too expensive, I had to order it overseas. Now it's just pledge and WD40 for tar and chain lube.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The fact that your Kawi dealer is stocking Honda cleaner should be a sin!! And telling you its better is just a little over the top. I've used both and as far as I can tell they are identical.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Yes, "HondaPro" cleaner rules!! Only cleaner I use on my paint/plastic parts.

One word of caution however, just be sure to tell your Kawi that you love her before you spray a Honda product all over her, otherwise she may have an allergic reaction! /images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=green>Objects in Mirrors are <font color=red>LOSING!!</font color=red></font color=green>

·
Registered
388 Posts
I use a turtlewax® bug and tar remover for cleaning any stains on my bike. It works awsome on the rims and plastic. Only cost 2 bucks compared to the exact same thing at the shop for 5 bucks. It also has a wax in it, so it finishes with a nice shine.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
i've used both the kawi cleaner and the honda cleaner. basically after i used the kawi, i had to use the honda to clean the haze and left over dirt from the kawi cleaner.

i use cotton t-shirts to clean my bike.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Funny, I'd heard good things about it as well i.e. "just as good as Plexus but cheaper and smells better". So i went to my Honda dealer to get a can and he says "Protect All works better than either of them".

See you on the inside of the turn.

·
Registered
976 Posts
UGH *power vomits uncontrollably*

dont use paper towels man.
i buy a bag'o rags. basically old cut up cotton tee's and sweatshirts. works great.

"2nd place is the 1st place loser." -- Source Unknown

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Re: UGH *power vomits uncontrollably*

did u expect any less of HONDA?? Of course it rocks, look who made it../images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,002 Posts

aye, me too. I use shop rags from Pep Boys, like $2 for a pile of 'em. I was just curious.

·
Registered
257 Posts

RC sounds like you got a bad can of Kawi cleaner! spray some in a cup and sniff it for about an hour.....if you get a headache then its no good!!!!!! Pudding...go to someplace like Pep Boys they have those old(not used) cloth diapers that are the softest thing you can buy works great and no scratches.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts