Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I would like to know a recommendation from somebody of you about what muffler brand (slip-on) I should select for CRB600F4i-2001 (california made) in term of nice sound, not loosing engine performance, nice look, etc. What about Yoshimura tri-oval? or Leo vinci?

Tony

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
There is no real best , especially for a slip on . Just pick the one you feel looks cool and get it .
Then sound well its personal preferance , D&D sounds good to some , most people hate them , how can you actually judge good sound?

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I've heard some people say that almost any slip on sounds good on a F4i...they probably didn't mean to include Vance and Hines (aka V&H) or Def and Dumb (aka D&D). Other than those two, you should be okay. A friend of mine had a Micron slipon for his '01 F4i and it sounded great.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Re: Best brand option muffler slip-on CBR600F4i 20

[ QUOTE ]
tony72F4i said:
Guys, I would like to know a recommendation from somebody of you about what muffler brand (slip-on) I should select for CRB600F4i-2001

[/ QUOTE ]

Any of them. Whatever one you want. Its all personal preference. Get the one YOU think looks the best and sounds the best, becuase those are the REAL reasons YOU are buying it anyway. Performance wise, they're all going to be pretty much the same, plus or minus a percent or two.

Personally, I have a Two Brothers, and its one of the best sounding exhausts I've heard on an F4i. Its clean, not raspy, plus its the standard aluminum C2 so it doesn't look gay like alot of the silencers out there. It also fits like crap at both ends of the S-bend pipe.

A buddy has a Micron on his that fits great and looks okay (its carbon fiber, which I'm not into), but its got that annoying rasp that you usually expect from riced out civics and the like.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts

annoying rasp? Hmm. I didn't think my friends sounded like that, but I could be wrong. For what its worth, if anything, I thought the micron on his F4i sounded better than the M4 on my YZF600R...and I really liked the M4. I don't know about the fit but TwoBros always looked and sounded good to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Agree with you guys! There is no way to judge what sounds is better or best. It’s just about you like. I was reading some papers about performance on different brands and it is closed I the major of them.

I think going to try Two Bro or D&D; I tested a couple of bike from my friends and both sound pretty good.

Thank to all of you, Happy New Year!!!!!!
(I;’m new on this forum and I’m not fully expert on manage the pages in order to respond accurate, sorry about that!).

·
Registered
6,758 Posts

Alright we'll just go ahead and make that decision for you. Two Brothers it is. D&D is by far the WORST exhaust out there. If you went out and asked sportbikers what the worst exhaust was out there, 9 out of 10 times sportbike riders will tell you it's D&D. I will just simply not ride with anyone that has a D&D exhaust, they're that bad. (and I'm far far from alone with those feelings)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
tony72F4i said:
OK Bro! I already placed an e-order by Two Brothers! That's the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Break out the fiberglass tape and exhaust paste too...

Like I said, the two brothers fits like crap.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts

BXR's point is that the 2 Bros. doesn't fit well/tightly to the mid-pipe of the stock exhaust, and, unless you don't mind having an exhaust leak, you'll need to seal the ill-fitting joint. I suppose you could have the joint welded together, but that pretty much defeats the purpose of a "slip-on"/sectioned exhaust.

The fiberglass tape and exhaust paste is no big deal--just paste and wrap the end of the mid-pipe before fitting the slip-on. The paste seals the joint from leaking, and the tape holds the paste together and in place. It's easy--similiar to putting teflon tape on water pipes to keep them from leaking. :waytogo:

·
Registered
6,758 Posts

Yeah I don't really think it's that big of a deal either, could be worse...you could have to take a saw to your exhaust like you do with Suzuki SV's if you want to install a slip on. (wtf were they thinking there)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well, now I realize that it is not a big deal; once installed I’ll let you know………thank you buddies. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
23 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
ENP83 said:
Alright we'll just go ahead and make that decision for you. Two Brothers it is. D&D is by far the WORST exhaust out there. If you went out and asked sportbikers what the worst exhaust was out there, 9 out of 10 times sportbike riders will tell you it's D&D. I will just simply not ride with anyone that has a D&D exhaust, they're that bad. (and I'm far far from alone with those feelings)

[/ QUOTE ]
damn bro.....you sound like d&d hurt your feelings or something......like others say, personal pref, i have a d&d on my f4i and like it. i cant believe youll go as far as saying you wont ride with someone if theyve got a d&d...thats just freakin stupid :bird:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts

Welcome to the site , hope you like it . There is a lot discussed on here if you havnt noticed . Dont let the people who hate D&D discurage you , you may get a lot of that . They are loud , your just not riding behind your bike to here it , trust me.

·
Registered
23 Posts

yups i know its loud..exactly the reason i got it...anything to help these little okinawan drivers know that im comin...terrasmak, you know how they drive...
besides, the sound reminds me of motogp bikes....you know.. staight through ear bleeding you know when im comin loud. :waytogo:
oh and thanks for the link to this site...looks good so far

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Well guys, the history has arrived to the end……I finally got Yoshimura TRS (TriOval) Titanium Canister since I heard TwoBros would “fit like a crap”….good sound, good look, and it fitted like Honda Genuine Part…..Thanks for the recommendations from all of you.. :bow:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts