Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally received my Bagster Tank Cover. I originally ordered it in black but I'm suspecting the guys at the shop in changing the order to a yellow one...
It didn't look bad though so I kept the yellow one...
First pic:

hmmm, guess I could've done a little step to the left so as not to actually be in the pic...
Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second pic:

The Tank bag itself hooks up to the 4 clips you see on each 'corner'...
When filling up with gas you unhook two and you hinge up the bag...

·
Registered
770 Posts
It looks nice. Seems like the quality is there (at least from the pics). Congrats...

Regards,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
That looks really sharp! Post the link to the place where you bought it from again if you could.

You could have taken a step back and gotten all of the 748R tail in too. Let's see that carbon! /images/icons/wink.gif

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DUC, I guess I could show you all of my babies behind, but would you?/images/icons/wink.gif

Prete, I got the Omega tank bag which has a total capacity of 37 liters. It's actually two seperate bags which you can zip together. Ride around with a little dog???

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
The owner of my local Ducati dealership used to ride his ST4 with a converted tank bag to accomodate his toy poodle. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I've found my tank bags I'll post pics of the complete setup... (yes, I've actually lost two tank bags!/images/icons/tongue.gif)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have a little dog (actually several of them). Pretty sad, the biggest one is smaller than my cat. I guess they aren't really dogs, more like doglets... /images/icons/laugh.gif

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The yellow looks really good. From the pic it seems to match the color perfectly. I think you made the right decision keeping it. I wonder how well the red one matches? Ducati red is famous for being impossible to match, probably because of the pink primer coat they use.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Pimmie, how does the bagster attach to the tank? It looks like the sides are fastening (clip) to the bottom lip of the airbox.

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good eyes! Yep, they attach to the airbox. When I saw that I was a bit hesitant to put them under there because the rubber of the clips was rather tough...
Common rule with new bagster tank covers is to let them settle on the bike in the sun. That way the cover will form exactly around the tank (funny sight when you take them off, they will stay in exactly the same shape) and the tension on the rubber, and thus the airbox lips, will decrease. I did put tape on the lips before fastening the clips though.

Desmo_dude, the yellow of the bagster is actually somewhat darker then the Ducati yellow. Because I always suspected the colors of the tank covers to be a little bit off the actual bike colors I always opted for a black cover, even on my 900SL which was also yellow (see my profile).
I've seen a red cover on a 916 only once and it doesn't exactly matc but it does look good though...

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
I like my tank bag (mag) but I just might consider getting that bagster. For one thing, no one around me will have one as right now I know of 4 people besides myself that all have the same tankbag. That makes things interesting at a lunch stop. LOL /images/icons/wink.gif What would be the US price for the bag? Maybe I should just go to the link, eh? /images/icons/wink.gif

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL! Yeah, do some invetigating yourself! Go on, pretend to be Sherlock!
/images/icons/tongue.gif

It's really a great system, you won't regret having one, mine even saved my tank on the Superlight in a fall. The clip-on touched the tank but no damage done...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts