Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Sounds like yanking their permit was a bunch of horsesh*t in the first place--your neighbor's kid can cruise your street with 15's thumping while your neighbor runs a wood chipper in his front yard and F-16s are flying overhead, all perfectly legal, but they've gotta f*ck with a guy trying to run wholesome sporting activity business :rolling:.

Oh, and what's up with this being "misled" over the original permit--WTF did they think went on at a racetrack, especially with NASCAR all over primetime national TV...

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
south said:
Sounds like yanking their permit was a bunch of horsesh*t in the first place--your neighbor's kid can cruise your street with 15's thumping while your neighbor runs a wood chipper in his front yard and F-16s are flying overhead, all perfectly legal, but they've gotta f*ck with a guy trying to run wholesome sporting activity business :rolling:.

Oh, and what's up with this being "misled" over the original permit--WTF did they think went on at a racetrack, especially with NASCAR all over primetime national TV...

[/ QUOTE ]

[Evil Developer Talking to Town Board]

......shut them down for something intrinsic that they can't do anything about, like noise. Or maybe an EPA complaint - Somebody must have spilled gasoline somewhere... Then declare 'Eminent Domain' and confiscate the entire property for next to nothing. Once that's accomplished sell it to me for, say 80% of the market rate, so I can build a housing development and a mall. You make money on the original sale, I make money selling the houses and the Mall. And when all's completed, your tax base goes up. So you'll continue to make more money from the people who wouldn't have been able to live here before because the track was in the way.....

You wanted to know why things like happen, right???

Scott :rolling:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
That is odd that he lost his permit. Plus the track is prolly a ways out of town, it being near an air strip and all. Usually places like that stay, and the property values are altered because of it. Sort of sounds that maby some strings were pulled because of property value. Says that developers had a hand in getting his permit pulled. If he loses the track their property values will prolly' increase. If the track is popular enough to bring in revenue, it will prolly stay. It may be a dump for all I know though. But if its not, what a shame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts