1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asylum can\'t protect from disgrace at home

Check out this lame fook..........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6330851/

This motherfooker needs to stay in Canada. We do not need a coward such as this here in the US.

[ QUOTE ]
The only problems with the claims are that Massey named no names in the testimony and the Marine seeking asylum — Hinzman — never even set foot in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ] This a**hole left his unit before ever going to Iraq. I am working with some of the most heroic and honorable men and women over here. This a**shat wants to go and do something like this. We need to discharge him dishonorably and put him and the no fly list, no re-entry into the US list also. Take it all away from this peice of sheit.... :flame:

[ QUOTE ]
But then again, spreading these pack of lies to an American-hating press corps was never about saving a single life in Iraq. Instead, it was about nothing more than helping a coward flee to Canada.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah you gotta love the press those morons......

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Asylum can\'t protect from disgrace at home

I agree with you on that one. In San Diego there is some piece of crap person who disgraces the uniform by not going to sea with his comrades. He is protesting the war, he missed ships movement and stood on the pier while his ship went to sea. The funny part is he wasn't arrested because the press was there with cameras. I am glad the low life doesn't live near me, because the old school navy training from when I was in would have to come back to life in the form of a blanket party.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

What gets me is this, these guys are supposed to be men. What the fuhk good is having a pair of ball if you are a pussy? I have no sympathy for these assh*les. My daughter Jazz lost an eye and the hearing in her left ear in a grenade attack in Iraq. Her biggest diappointment is that she can't go back, not what she has lost.

In her short time there she had a round hit a flashlight clipped to her LBE, kicked a grenade out of the back of a truck, pulled two MPs out of a burning Humvee after her convoy was hit with a roadside bomb (was awarded a Bronze Star for that) and was finally wounded and pulled after being hit by a grenade. She is a young woman who went through all of this, shed blood and regrets leaving her unit behind.

Let every single one of these cowardly fuhks go to Canada, they are not worthy of wearing the same uniform my daughter wore.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
For once I agree with you. Tell your daughter thanks for all of us :applause:

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Let every single one of these cowardly fuhks go to Canada, they are not worthy of wearing the same uniform my daughter wore.

[/ QUOTE ] YZF I am so with you on this brother....... :waytogo:

Hey Canada do you have room for a bunch of cowards up there? :flame:

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

[ QUOTE ]
stiles6r said:
Does it have to be Canada :rolling:... Can't it be Alaska or Greenland?

[/ QUOTE ]It could be Greenland I guess. But not Alaska, because the pr*cks would still be in the US....... :808876-nono:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the purpose of Basic Training to break you down as a person and then rebuild you as a soldier? If so, then this begs the question: what went wrong with his training, that he passed through it without these issues being addressed?

(in case you're wondering why I post controversial things, it's because I think I'd have to kill myself if I became another post whore that does nothing but chime in with meaningless agreement to this jazz)

Oh, and I love how the author takes a jab at John Kerry. That and his numerous editorial comments immediately got me wondering how much of this essay is spin.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Kricket said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the purpose of Basic Training to break you down as a person and then rebuild you as a soldier? If so, then this begs the question: what went wrong with his training, that he passed through it without these issues being addressed?

(in case you're wondering why I post controversial things, it's because I think I'd have to kill myself if I became another post whore that does nothing but chime in with meaningless agreement to this jazz)

Oh, and I love how the author takes a jab at John Kerry. That and his numerous editorial comments immediately got me wondering how much of this essay is spin.

[/ QUOTE ]Kricket you have no idea the concept that I was talking about when I posted this.....but hey thats okay....we are here to protect the weak minded..... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Kricket said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the purpose of Basic Training to break you down as a person and then rebuild you as a soldier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I thought the primary goal of basic training is to promote a team mentality and foster comaraderie between ppl you serve with. Of course, learning soldier things (shooting, protocol, etc) is important too.

[ QUOTE ]
If so, then this begs the question: what went wrong with his training, that he passed through it without these issues being addressed?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't replace your value system. I'd imagine if you were a coward or had low moral standards (ie would rather have someone do your duty for you) before basic training, you'd still be one after (assuming, you were not too afraid of the physical/mental demands placed on you). I doubt many/if any of the 7 ppl that joined that are suing to get out joined knowing they would be involved in a real ground war.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I love how the author takes a jab at John Kerry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I liked that part too. :wink: Although I'd say John Kerry was different. Kerry didn't seem like a coward(he'd probably try to take on the whole vietnamese army (or the US army) if he thought he could benefit), as much as he used others/circumstances for personal gain.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

I am no fan of John Kerry, but I do not think the man was a coward. He did try to get out of Vietnam by joining the Reserves but was thrown a curveball when he got activated. He went (no one says you have to like it). He did go on missions, played it safe but never endangered his men by trying to save his own ass. He worked the system and got out of the theater early, but he was a fair enough officer when he was there. Not the most ethical officer ever, but no coward either.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
The only mistake America made in this case was allowing two people so utterly lacking in character into the Marine Corps. By their actions, they have proven themselves to be unworthy of being called United States Marines.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite part of this story.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

Have to agree with the sentiments expressed here, when you raise your hand, and take that oath to preserve and protect, you can't then turn around and choose which battles you personally deem worthy and which ones you don't. Doesn't work that way. He is not a true American, and he deserves to be out of the country, permanently.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts

This kinda thing never ceases to amaze me- he signed up for the marines, of all the possible military organisations, and he doesn't want to go.. Didn't he realize the marines are almost always the first to go? Look, on the local news has been a story of a young man who just got killed in iraq, and his next of kin all said that what he wanted was to finish the job so iraqi's could understand what freedom can be, and come home and take some responsibilty and help take care of his crippled brother and get a degree. He's dead now. And he was a reservist, not a full blown 24/7 active duty Marine. I spoke to my uncle about this, and man did he blow a gasket, of course his usual rant on how the Marines can't hit the recruits came out again, and he blames that more than anything for it, but man was he pissed. I hope that dude loves Canada, and I really think he should be extradited for a hearing or three.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

[ QUOTE ]
mikev7 said:
His stupid face says it all!

[/ QUOTE ]I beg to differ on that there Mike.......Chris Matthews is a pain in the a**, but Joe is and does play it pretty straight.... :waytogo:

But then you have a a**bag like this guy misleading people. :808876-nono:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
Kricket you have no idea the concept that I was talking about when I posted this

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, you were ticked that one of your brothers wimped out. What, there's no room for analysis from other perspectives?

[ QUOTE ]
we are here to protect the weak minded..... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the honor in doing that? Oh, wait..."I wouldn't understand" :rolling:

·
Registered
6,544 Posts

I think Dude27 answered your questions quite nicely, actually... Contrary to popular Liberal beliefs, Boot Camp's purpose is not to turn soldiers/sailors/marines into mindless automatons. It is to train them how to act quickly and efficiently as a unit.

If you want Federal benefits without combat, join the Peace Corps.

But this guy didn't do that. I could see why he might want to run had he been drafted. But that is not the case, either. He became a MARINE. He did that of his own free will. He knew VERY well that when something happens, he is commited to go into harm's way. How do I know that?? Because we have an all volunteer force, and to get in you must volunteer yourself. And because they TELL you that you're first, in addition to "Marines Are First" being commonly understood. He commited himself to become a Marine of his won free will. The military *does* have the mechanism whereby he could put himself out if he disagreed *that* much with going. And therefore should be held to the same standard that ALL Marines are held to.

Then, as the cherry on the cake, he goes and presents all kinds of vile spew and outright lies to keep from being sent back for the medicine that he so richly earned for himself??? Sorry, but he's a POS deserter, and that's all there is to that.

After all, wouldn't you agree that the time to consider whether or not you are willing to commit yourself to the possibility of combat is BEFORE you swear in???? Shouldn't we analyze other perspectives PRIOR TO DONNING THE UNIFORM???? Straight up - If you are unwilling to do that, then DON'T JOIN THE MILITARY. It's really that simple: He Joined, so he's responsible to go. Period. Since he bailed, he is also responsible for the consequences of that action. Period.

Or, if you really think you must, then join the Navy. The enlisted guys there are intelligent enough to get the officers to do the fighting for them... :lol:

Scott :smile:

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

[ QUOTE ]

Sure, you were ticked that one of your brothers wimped out. What, there's no room for analysis from other perspectives?

[/ QUOTE ]

There can be no other perspective on that oath once you have taken it. You do not debate the validity of that oath, you do not question it. It is an oath you are swearing with your honor.

On the brother quip. We started my boot camp platoon with approx 100 recruits and graduated 80. Caught 20 percent who could not hack it in boot camp.

Some others do slip through. What this guy will get is a dishonorable discharge. With that comes a felony conviction. He will no longer be able to vote, own land, own a firearm. Most of all he will no longer be a Marine. Some who make it through boot camp, still don't deserve the title by their actions. So maybe the jerk is better off in Canada. And like I said I hope and would not be surprised if guys like this get on the no-fly list/no-entry list.

I take my oath as a Marine very seriously. I feel good being where I am at. I can at least once a day say good job to one of our men or women. One woman who runs a gauntlet every frigging day.

[ QUOTE ]
What's the honor in doing that? Oh, wait..."I wouldn't understand"

[/ QUOTE ] Well I think your sense of honor and my sense of honor are at the ends of two different spectrums. But again that is okay also.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts