Registered
1,397 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
May they be on the way to reopen??? Sure would be great is it would. :lol2:

Read it here.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1210wvracetrack10.html

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Currie should organize your efforts on this better. He posted about this in the road racing forum, too. :waytogo:

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
KurtsSV said:
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
May they be on the way to reopen??? Sure would be great is it would. :lol2:

Read it here.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1210wvracetrack10.html

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Currie should organize your efforts on this better. He posted about this in the road racing forum, too. :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason is a bone head! :rolling: I told him to post it in the Pacific Forum... :kaboom:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hey Kenny,

If they do reopen, do you think they would have a track photog yet? If not, I wouldn't mind coming down there to do a shoot with you guys if you have a "FRH day" or something. LOL

But definitely not going to waste my time to go all the way down there and find out they run it like WSIR :bird: :808876-nono:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Man, I REALLY hope they re-open that track!!!! That is an awesome track to ride on. I would much rather do my pre-season testing there, rather then at Willow or Pahrump. The county council needs to get their heads-out-of-their-asses on this one. Kenny, thanks for the heads up on this. And make sure you post up any new info on this situation. :waytogo:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Its gonna be tough for them to reopen all the cities in the southwestern part of the valley are all screwy. It is funny though that people right by Luke AFB complain about the track noise. I'm like 8 miles or so away from Luke and its loud when they are out flying through my area. I can imangine it is insane being right there.

I would like to see it reopen though with all the praise I have heard about the track.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I'm wondering how many of the complaints were from the golfers. I remember coming through that far corner (12?) and seeing the golf course right there and a bunch of golfers staring at us. From my experience with the rich golfers in Hawaii, they are a rather prudish bunch. I'm not sure how country club like that course is, but it seemed to me that the average golfer mentality would be offended by a "biker" track right next to their prestigious greens, despite the loud overhead noise by the AFB.

·
Registered
816 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
I think (Mike) had that locked up..

[/ QUOTE ]

AMP was the first track I ever shot in AZ. I was invited by TEAM AZ to shoot their event when they came to Pahrump one winter day. Back then, there were 4-5 photographers on the track. I got to do that track about 5 times until they closed it. By then, I was the only photog.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Banzai said:
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

AMP was the first track I ever shot in AZ. I was invited by TEAM AZ to shoot their event when they came to Pahrump one winter day. Back then, there were 4-5 photographers on the track. I got to do that track about 5 times until they closed it. By then, I was the only photog.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you're FAWKIN' GOOD! :waytogo: :bow: :bow:

However, one good thing is that if you are "da' man" at the track, then I could beg you to let me come out and shoot with you sometime there! :wink: :crazy:

I had a blast out at LVMS when you let me out there to shoot. :waytogo:

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Banzai said:
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The old "Last Man Standing" deal.. :grin: Quality always wins!!! :lol2:

·
Registered
816 Posts
I really hope they re-open AMP. It would cut my travel time by 1 hour.

Speaking of photo's, I don't really have an exclusive contract with any of the organizers. I always tell organizers that it is in their best interest to have as many photogs on the track as safely possible. The only agreement I have with these organizers is that I'll be there. I don't want the situation at Willow or Button Willow with regards to limiting their coverage.

Mat ~ You are welcome to shoot with me anytime. Bring your laptop. Your pictures are just as good as mine. I also have a new 300 f/2.8 for you to play with.

Kenny ~ Thanks for the vote of confidence.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey Mat if possible can you take my camera out with you for my first track day. You can take yours too but mines really easy to use its one of those Polaroids where the pic comes out the front right after you push the button then there's no developing WOW I think this is the best invention everLOL

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Banzai said:
Mat ~ You are welcome to shoot with me anytime. Bring your laptop. Your pictures are just as good as mine. I also have a new 300 f/2.8 for you to play with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT'S DEFINITELY a temptation.....would love to try out a 300 f/2.8 <drooling!> :waytogo: :2cents: :Wow1:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
KRG_Designs said:
Hey Mat if possible can you take my camera out with you for my first track day. You can take yours too but mines really easy to use its one of those Polaroids where the pic comes out the front right after you push the button then there's no developing WOW I think this is the best invention everLOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Ken,

I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll use it for my 2nd body. :rolling: :lol: :wink: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol2:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just kidding Mat I'm so bored today I don't know what to do.But Yoshimura said they might use some of your shots from this comming weekend in their 2005 catalog. See who's lookin out for ya buddy!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts