Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to go riding this Sunday? According to the weather channel it'll be a high of 36F with snow flurries!! Whee!!

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bluedragon --- your on your own man. I woke up this am to about an inch of that Sierra Cemment! One of these days I'll make it down to meet/ride with you guys in Denver (I'm in Vail) but until late May I'll try to avoid going over the passes (too much gravel still being slung off tires until then and I sure as hell don't want to replace another headlight lens on my Mille like I did last year 2 months after I bought the bike!). Otherwise the roads in the lower valleys are in good condition. Ironically it's the tires of the sportbikes in front of me that sling up most of that gravel - NOT so much the cars & trucks. Are you a member of the Colorado Sportbike Club? Got ta go. Getting ready for a much needed vaction to Las Vegas - been a long, hard Winter

The Electric Banana Man
01 RSV Mille R #107 and Very Yellow (AGAIN!!)

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
I was ready to say he!! yes until I saw the weather forecast. The weatherbug.com forecast is a little better but still not really riding weather /images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn...3 good rides in a row..I was just getting back into the groove..Now it snows...damn it..

You're not hallucinating...Sportbike tires DO sling more gravel and sand than cars...one, we all chop our rear fenders...and two, the tires are VERY soft compared to car tires..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Since when did you let the temp stop you Blue from riding. Remember that one time you, Longrider and I went for that butt-crack of dawn ride down to the Springs where it felt like 30 degrees below zero. We were frozen by the time we got to Pasta's house. I felt like that scene from Dumb and Dumber where they got off the little moped frozen. /images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
myself and hooptysvs were out riding one afternoon afterwork practicing our squidliness temp 37 at 4pm when we finally called it quits it started snowing, we were out on wads and c470 and i had to ride all the way back home to cherry creek , temp when i got home 17 never will do that again! my hands and legs were still frozen the next day/images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
276 Posts
What are you saying? You can't do stoppies and wheelies in the snow. Amateur. Just Kidding! I couldn't do that stuff in dry payment if I tried! /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
36 Posts
the weather is great in eastern utah...hwy128...canyonlands NP...hwy 141

I'm ready, anyone else???

I thought you said your car was fast???

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm just gonna put snow chains on my bike and go out anyway../images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
2 more weeks and I wanna start riding with you guys again on the weekends... /images/icons/laugh.gif

...if you're willing to meet on the south side of Denver (either the community college or Kipling and C-470).

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought you had abandoned us for the "dirt side"! /images/icons/smile.gif PastaVader...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I did. /images/icons/tongue.gif ... /images/icons/wink.gif

Only because last year was so crazy with gravel on the roads in the spring. I didn't want a repeat of last year. But it looks like the roads are starting to clear up. I'm gonna start a new thread. We need to get some chat going on road conditions.

I miss living 5 minutes from the Front Range canyons... but I don't miss Denver.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Keep your personal life out of this! /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Well back to the point, it is nice out and looking like it is going to get hotter, call me if you want to ride today, any time Im not going to ride till around noon

·
Registered
29 Posts
Goob, I rode this afternoon a bit, it was pretty windy and damn cold up Golden Gate even with my electric vest going. Are you riding tomorrow? I can ride after 10am.

Bob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts