Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about guying a TL1000R, and was wondering what the people who own them think. Any information would be appreciated./images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=blue>I TRIPLE dog dare ya!!!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
1 Posts
Torque!!!!.Although its different power than an open class 4 cylinder.The TLR is tall geared,so leaving a stop,a little clutch slippage is required.Compression braking is awesome,its the difference of night and day compared to a 4 cylinder.And just because its a twin,its no slouch in the speed department either,I`ve done 280kmh on my `98 TLR which wasn`t at redline yet,I just ran out of straight road.There are better sporting twins out there,but not at the TLR`s price.I`ve got a Yosh RS-3 full race,re-mapped and a BMC air filter on my `98 TLR and a smile on my face every time I ride:) .Test ride one first if your`re not sure,I`m sure you won`t be dissappionted.........ken.

"Better Predator Than Prey"

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I just bought another bike a TL1000R. This bike is sweet, handles great, sounds killer. It is a little hard on the wrists. Can't wait to get it fully broken in!!!!

2002 TL1000R
2001 929 RR
1995/7 ZX7-9
Save a tire, ride a wheelie!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude, I ride a 2001 TLR...best bike I have ever had and I can't say enough about V-Twins....I come from an extensive history of I4's and even though I respect them very much...I will never go back. Just can't leave that sound and the torque....oh-my-goodness! Good luck and happy riding!

Live to ride another day......

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had a TLR for two years now and love it. I rode to DEAL'S GAP last summer and it handled better than I had expected. I love the low end grunt and with the mods that I have done it really moves. Try and find someone who will let you test one and you won't want to give it back!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh yes you will like it. I have a 2000 model and it is a brute. I went with the M4 full exhaust system and the thing sounds great besides dropping about 15 pounds. You will love the engine although it takes a bit to get used to the engine braking from those two big cylinders. They are geared a little high but that is easily solved with a bigger sprocket in the back. A great street bike, just twist the throttle and it goooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
I must admit, the TL is sweet. I just can't decide on which to make my next bike: a TL or an RSV.

Money may make the difference 'cause both bikes aren't all over the place.

<font color=green>Peace&Luv</font color=green> /images/icons/tongue.gif
Ride It 'till The Wheels Fall Off !! /images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
664 Posts
I test rode a TLR last summer.
Nice machine, lots of torque, but the V-twin
did not do that much for me. I like the rush of the
I4 machines.
The engine braking is much more than an I4.
I had no major complaints after the ride.
It was fun, and for the money if I was into the
twins, I would probably be riding a TLR.

Is winter over yet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.