Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend lost his manual for his 95 honda cbr 900 rr, and I was wondering if any of you honda boyZ could tell me how many quarts of oil are required for a change, including a change in the oil filter. Thanks to anyone who happens to know!

Sportbiking: where unimanginable skill meets inexplicable stupidity.

·
Registered
644 Posts
3.8 to be exact as per what my old manual said. I always put in 3.5 with a new filter and start adjusting from there using my sight window. Mine was usually right around the 3.8 mark, but all bikes are different. The worst thing you can do is pour too much in and have to drain it all out again.

Snoochie Boochies!

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
fireRR~ A "sight window" would be great. I unfortunately don't have that luxury so it's the old dipstick for me. /images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
644 Posts
They don't have a sight window on a 95? Bastards! You get my point though. The key is to not just dump in the 4 quarts and then check it. It's to get close and make small adjustments until it's just right.

Snoochie Boochies!

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
fireRR~ That's exactly how I've been doing it for 7 years now. Maybe, just maybe I should get a 954? Naaah, I'd miss "Old Bessy" too much. /images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts