Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for anybody that lives in extreme Northern Minnesota. The reason is I have a potential job offer from a snowmobile/ ATV manufacturer. How do like living up there? Or has anybody relocted to a more remote part of the country? My wife is from Northern Wisconsin and we both love the snow and being outdoors, so I don't think it will be too much culture shock.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I live west/south of the cities but I vacation up in the north woods. It's really beautiful up there even in the winter. This year kind of sucks though because there is no snow. There for no winter activities. I hear the ice fishing is great but I don't do that sort of thing...the ice makes too many weird noises.

I guess it's a great place to live though if you don't mind a three month riding season -all year round road construction - and really cold winters...I guess being from michigan you know what that is like though...not counting the almost 60 degree day you had back a couple of weeks ago.

The one thing I love up there are all the curvy/hilly roads in B.F.N. Great for when you just want to ride.

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
I have a partner at work that lives in Duluth. He absolutely loves it. You've got to like a lot of snow and cold weather. The scenery is wonderful and if you are the outdoors type, it will be heaven for you.
Unfortunately, the riding season gets cut short. You would be near Brainerd International Raceway so track days there would be easy.

The cost of homes/living is good. I've been thinking that the snowmobile/ski vendors have been hurting over the past several years due to the lack of snow. In fact, the other day I was talking to someone about how I'm glad I don't own a snowmobile shop.

You are also close to the Boundry Waters/Quetico(sp). I absolutely love hard-core camping up there.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You looking at a job with Polaris?? I have a friend who lives in No. Minn. who works there. I could hook you up with his number if you want to talk to him first hand...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
WFO-900 said:
I once visited Minneapolis in February. I helped a guy push his car about 20 feet, without gloves on. I got a little patch of frostbite on my palm.

You people are nuts. :help:

[/ QUOTE ]

Minneapolis is not part of Northern MN, so just imagine doing that a couple of hundred miles North of here. :crazy: I don't even like going up there, except in the summer.

We've been having a 'mild' winter so far this year. By mild I mean about 2 inches TOTAL snowfall and temps hovering around the mid teens.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Total snow here has been about 18". 4" around Thanksgiving, (melted), 8" just before Christmas (melted), 6" last week (melting now) By tommorrow the ground will be bare. Fooked up weather, but I guess it beats what they are getting in SoCal. I feel for you guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.