Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: anybody got the latest RRW yet...?

omg... some the ideas are similiar to my own...!!! :shocked: /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif i need to file some friggin' patents out this biaatchh. damn... if only i had been born rich... :crazy: then again, if i had been born rich...? i also likely would've been sapped of all logic, imagination and creativity. but i guess some rich guy did it...? what's the price on the RRW cover...? 1.5 million...? so who knows...? i can still top 'em though...!!! :grin: but for now, i'll give 'em his props. (*in my best vader voice*) "most impressive"... :applause:

·
Registered
4,898 Posts

The hint was out 2 weeks ago on another site. No name to the bike though, just word that an American Co was comming up with a racer that was NOT HD. Glad to see somtin US made

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

hmmmn... shades of a late kiwi who's alter i worship at... :bow:

geez... this all would'a been me sans the millions of dollars to bring it to fruition. :help: i'm gonna go kill myself now as well... :808993-banghead:

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

well i had 2... one was... http://www.probritten.nl/... but that doesn't seem to be working. :crazy: and it appears i've already deleted the other one i had...? so if and when you relocate the one you found, hook me up. i think i remember myself doing some "housekeeping" of my links a few years ago and deleting it then when found dead. i know there's actually a video of his life story available for sale. i watched it when i was down in florida from a mechanic who actually befriended john years ago and assisted him with working on and repairing the Britten when he first arrived to run daytona and then of course went on to tear all the factory teams a new one. :lol: he's so gaurded of the video, so my borrowing it to digitize it was completely out of the question. :frown: which i can understand though, given the history of the relationship. shout out to one Mr. Neil Hayes. :waytogo:

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
5,621 Posts

Welcome to the party, S1, even if you are a week late :rolling: :wink: (couldn't resist--don't often see S1 asleep at the helm :grin:). I see you finally found your way to the DR post--F4i and I kept looking out for you and askin' everybody, "S1 around?", "Seen S1?", "S1 here yet?", but nada. :laugh:

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

naw, actually i was aware... i simply hadn't posted. wanted to get more details. i did drop it here first though. and you know me... i'm never idle... :lol: it wasn't like i wasn't busy dropping other exclusives...? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

once i discover from aussie mcn there was a URL however, i knew the floodgates would be open so it became a no-brainer that someone would invariably go and dump it in that lame "catch-all" daily rant... :frown: yeah, like it could even be done justice over there...? from what i can tell, clearly it's targeted initially as a racebike...? not a streeter...? and it's a known quantity that we have specific, targeted forums... :rolling: like our beloved roadracing forum for example...?!?! :grin: time out though... i'll try an log back when i get to work... :808993-banghead:

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

Word. The Daily Rant people need the science dropped correctly from the Roadrace forum peeps.

People in there stumbling across information like this is too dangerous to go sans guidance! :808922-fiddy:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts

Yes, by all means lets keep the riff-raff out. :smirk:

PS--Don't fret, S1, I caught your "dark-Duc" unveiling in the Ducati forum, so I knew you weren't completely slackin' :wink:, and, speaking of which, I agree, solid black works real well with the new(er) angular bodywork styles (it was the all-black version of the 600RR that convinced this Honda rider to get back in the saddle :waytogo:).

·
Registered
6,429 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
shamar1 said:
hold up... was it this...?

http://www.britten.co.nz/

okay... hold up... the content still exists. just the url's have changed as they will often do over the years...

http://www.nzedge.com/heroes/britten.html

http://library.christchurch.org.nz/Childrens/FamousNewZealanders/more/JohnBrittenandtheSuperbike.asp

thank god for the power of google though... :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

yup yup yup- them's the one's found 'em at dropbears.com- apparently some kind of effort to formulize all bikes- They also have some links to Brabham's "8 stoke"? engine design- I took a look and found it complicated. That britten would still sell, IMO, just not in pink? you have a P.M., shortly.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just curious did anybody go see this bike at the seattle show that just took place last weekend...? we of course see the poon-tang on the front page, but any member shots of the C1...? it's indicated at the site that it was to be displayed. maybe they changed up...? erik996 were you off duty long enough to attend...? not that a 4 hour drive is high on your to-do list. :rolling:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts