Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may try to put together a GROUP BUY for this item http://www.bike-grab.com/. They normally sell for $150+shipping but if we can get a decent amount of units together it may drop. Leave me a post here or contact me by email if ur SERIOUSLY interested in joining.

TY!

Proud owner of a '00RC51 & '94RX7/images/icons/smile.gif !!
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I don't get it. Often a couple/few guys will just throw a sportbike into a truck to steal it. How will this stop that? Does it bolt to the ground?

Forgive & forget. Just never forget when I forgive.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3rdNinja: It does anchor down into the ground right beneath the tire patch.

Im not buying one for security, just ease of use at the track. When you get to a certain level(expert group) they require you to take off ur kickstand. Alot of guys bring their swingarm stand but it takes two ppl or a very steady hand to get off the bike, grab the stand and prop it up alone. With this unit, you just drive right into it and get off.
Altho it has many other using as well, similiar units sell $50-100 more....The coolest thing about this unit is it can double as a chock in on ur trailer or pick-up. You just anchor it down and then tie down the way you normally wld in the rear and thats it. No more worries about premature fork seal failure from over compression.

[email protected]

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
**UPDATE**

I just got off the phone with the US Distributor. He is willing to give us a discount for the Group Buy!
If we purchase:
10 units.........price drops to $129.95 + shipping
25 units.........price drops to $99.95 + shipping

Just from previous experience shipping in the US shld be under $20.

For our UK/European members.....Unfortunately he doesnt think the UK company will honor a discount for just a unit or two out there. If someone out there can muster up 10-25 units for that side of the pond he may be able to work out a deal for yall. OR if you really want one Ill price the shipping for ya. If we can get 25 units(wishful thinking) it may definitely workout in ur favor.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I would be interested at the $99 price. Couldn't swing the $129 plus shipping right now though. Sorry.

Objects in mirror are RAPIDLY getting SMALLER!
'98 Smokin Joe F3 - Miguel Duhamel rocks!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok fair enough......SEND ME UR INFO (name, email, daytime#, color preference and price requirement)
Obviously Im gonna shoot for the $99 figure but I cant get there if I dont get names.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
is it the same stand for front and rear or is there a different model? Can i use it in place of a front stand? Stability?? Some quick info would be helpful.. i may have other guys that are interested.

·
eClectic
3,529 Posts
Nemesis, check the website it has some pretty good information. "Designed as a single product, Bike-Grab is an automatic wheel chock, motorbike stand,security anchoring device and showroom space saver. Bike-Grab is a compact, advanced engineering design that embodies the laws of physics to do its work Shipped with easily adjustable rear and front tyre side plates, Bike-Grab can handle
any size tyre from 80mm to 210mm wide."

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
thanks for the quick info.. i'll check up on the website too. How soon are you looking to do this? May take me a while to get some people if i decide i want one. I'll try and get some people even if i decide not to.

They coulda came up with a better name... tell them if they rename it i'll buy one. LoL So umm how many people do you have so far.. i like this and i need a front stand anyway. I got a regular rear stand.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mellomac you da man!!!!!!Lol

Thnx alot guys!

Listen Im pretty impressed on how many ppl have responded to my threads(this isnt the only forum). I have approx 10 units already and Im shooting for the 25 unit price! I didnt set a deadline YET but Im hoping to get this goin in the next 2 weeks.

My man above already answered the question so if anyone else has somethng just drop me an email.

TY!

[email protected]

·
eClectic
3,529 Posts
Keep us posted. I'd definately be interested at the 25 person price...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright listen up guys/girls!!!

This is moving along much faster than I originally thought. We're just about at the 20 unit mark HOWEVER some of the ppl who posted here(or other forums) have NOT send me an email w/ their full name, daytime# and color preference. I cannot confirm this list until those of you who want in send me ur info. OK?
At this rate, we may very well have our items on our front door step by this time next week.

TY!

ONE LAST THING: When you email me just lemme know what forum you read this and ur screenname if you have one.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Only problem i see is that you cannot use tire warmers for them at the race track.

craig #222wsmc

its all in the transitions

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Give it some more time.. i havent sent you an email yet but i want one. Im currently letting my friends know about the item and seeing if we can get some more buyers. Perhaps you can call them back and see if we can get a bigger group buy discount. Not that $100 isnt a great deal already. I need to check out the warrantees/gaurantess on it though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does anybody know what the stand is made from?

Surfing my way to the edge of the Internet

1 - 20 of 21 Posts