Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally didnt plan on getting frame sliders but with my continued learning and with summer coming up i decided that i might as well get some. I cant remember seeing any old cbrs with frame sliders and was curious if any of you have them and have pictures to show me. What do i need to do for installation? thanks!

·
eClectic
3,529 Posts
I don't have any, not brave enough to carve up my plastic. I know I've seen them so I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input anyway. I found it funny how few f2/3's ive seen without sliders. None to date. Not even on ebay or the internet.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
same here, i want them and wish i had them for my lowside....but cuttin holes in my plastic? argh....scary.../images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had them on my 1998 F3 and they do work. Just take your time when measuring and cutting and it comes out really nice. I had black sliders on my red/black F3 and people didn't even notice them until I pointed them out. They were the first mod I did to the new bike and will be in the future.

"Twist, and ye shall receive"

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
Willie~ Cutting holes in your plastic is not something you should do in 5 minutes, but with the right tools and the knowledge, there should be no problem.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im gonna be getting black ones too. My plastics are already scratched up so it would actually be an improvement. Besides.. is there any question about it?? New frame slider and some possible scratchs or horrible scratchs and possible whole new fairing?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a set on my F2...very easy instalation once you get past the fear of cutting into your plastics.

"my real name is Buck Naked, I'm a prono actor"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts