Sportbike Racing Forum banner

ANY BIKES FOR SALE

932 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  justlearning 
#1 ·
Anybody Anywhere I live in the Cayman Islands and me and my brother are in the
market for two bikes.

Brand: Yamaha R's, Suzuki GSXR's Kawasaki ZX
year range: 00-03 (maybe 04 depends on price)
CC range: 600-1000
Price range: $3000.00-$5000.00US (lower the better)

The reason why I need the price so low is because of shipping and customs duty
is expenice here. Its does not have to be two from the same member any member is fine
Please let me know asap money ready for info reply.

#3 ·
oh, any bike any year.
let me guess, you'll send me a check for $3000 over the bike if I could just send you the 3k now in advance?

Oh wait, do you have an uncle who is an oil millionaire and needs someone on US soil to open an account for him?

#5 ·
You know what you all go ahead and talk sh*t(BIGAL 009R & TERRASMAK) trying to get some help I thought this bike forum is where I would not get scammed I mean I am in the Cayman Islands there is no way on earth that I would buy a bike or the net without looking at it first what is wrong did planes stop flying because the last time I check the did still fly all over the world so if I see a deal and it looks good I will go there myself and look and the bike and make sure its not a scam so before you Bigal 009r and terrasmak check me out before talking sh*t in my post I didn't say I would send a check and money anywhere all I did was ask ANY BIKES FOR SALE...

#6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
BigAl_009R said:
oh, any bike any year.
let me guess, you'll send me a check for $3000 over the bike if I could just send you the 3k now in advance?

Oh wait, do you have an uncle who is an oil millionaire and needs someone on US soil to open an account for him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets try and stick to just helping this guy out. We are all smart enough to sniff out a scam so there isn't any reason to point it out in the public forum.... First time I have heard of someone that far away looking to import a bike so good luck. :waytogo:

#7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
We are all smart enough to sniff out a scam....first time I have heard of someone that far away looking to import a bike so good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were true, then no one would ever be scammed now would they?

Ok, let's say it is legit.

1. This is a Kawasaki talk forum, not a "Buy/Sell Forum". I believe that is somewhere else on the site.

2. Next to no one sends out open letters for "any" bike "any"where, any price, etc.

If your're serious, try www.cycletrader.com. Do a search on Florida bikes, Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, etc.

#8 ·
Well for the money your looking to spend its ganna be hard to find a deal like that , but its still possible . Best place to look would probably be ebay , every once and a while you'll see a bike on there "BUY IT NOW" for the price you looking to pay , most of these people offer great shipping rates too .Now in all actuallity your ganna have to shell out a bit more money for what your looking for or go with an older bike . If you do find a deal like the one mentioned above , well its a scam

#9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
BigAl_009R said:
oh, any bike any year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Al, I've had many offers for my ZX-9R that were scams and I'm pretty sure this guy's English is too good for him to be a scammer.

Here's a few examples of the messages I received for my ZX-9:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear seller,

I hereby wish to inform you that i am interested in the
purchase from you. I saw the advert on the internet today,
Kindly give me your best offer.Will you accept a
certified cheque as payment?I have a client and colleague
of mine who will be ready to send you payment by post when
we both finally agree on terms. If its still available
for sale,provide the details below...

YOUR NAME IN FULL...............................

ADDRESS IN FULL { NOT P.O.BOX................

TEL. NUMBER..........................................

LAST PRICE............................................

Kind regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's another:

[ QUOTE ]
I saw your advert for the sale of (1999 ZX-9R ) and I am interested in it hence I would want you to give me some little briefings about it and it's final asking price with some updated pics .I wil make payments with a certified cashier's check in us funds if it is still available for sale. Awaiting your urgent response.
Best Regards
Mrs Jersey..........

[/ QUOTE ]

And SURELY somebody wouldn't be stupid enough to come onto a forum with so many members that know about this type of scam and try to scam somebody...would they?

All you have to do is ask a scammer to either use PayPal or Western Union to get the funds to you and they usually run away with their tail between their legs.

#10 ·
[ QUOTE ]
And SURELY somebody wouldn't be stupid enough to come onto a forum with so many members that know about this type of scam and try to scam somebody...would they?

[/ QUOTE ] Yes i would , they place ads all over , Ebay =which has been cracking down , autotrader , etc etc , im sure they will place an add anywhere trying to make a buck or two , also it was really suspecius since they were his first posts.

#11 ·
So wha tif my first post was about me looking for a sale on a bike the last thing I need to do is scam fro money terrasmak so can you please help me or stop replying to me THANK YOU as a matter of fact everybody just forget about this post because everybody thinks its a scam then fine leave it like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.