Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today, I am the proud owner of THIS... Wow, what a difference.

Everyone on the Yamaha board, prepare yourselves for some stupid-a$$ R1 questions from me /images/icons/shocked.gif .

Thanks in Advance,
Your Newest Brother

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
airbags

/images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I've got a Mag Tek fender eliminator on the way, and a guy at the shop where I bought the R1 is gonna make an extra set of custom front flushies for me.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nice looking bike...Congrats man....I am thinking about getting some dirfferent front signals, but I haven't made up my mind on what I want. When you get yours , let me see them please....

THanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sweet bike man.Welcome to the yami board.I think his first mod should be a high-mount exhaust.A titanium pipe would look great.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, thanks to you, brother... it's a blur...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Traitor!/images/icons/wink.gif Congrats! Awsome looking ride. Can you give some comparisons between the 929 and the 02 R1? Just curious./images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Audioman, I've only been able to put 35 miles on her so far (Superbike races in SoCal this weekend), but a few things are already obvious:
1) I feel like I am an integral part of this bike. The 929 seems to attempt that with low weight and quick steering geometry, but IMO, the R1's recipe of light weight and mass centralization makes more sense.
2) Dear God, the midrange!!! I pulled a wheelie tonight just accelerating a little harder than usual... at freakin' 5000 RPM!!
3) It's the lightest-feeling bike I have ever ridden on. This bodes well for the future.

Traitor, my friend? OK... Happy MoFo? Yep.. /images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts