Registered
6,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CF Fender goes to JoBu!

Thanks to everyone who entered./images/icons/smile.gif

Special thanks to James (MonsterJ) and Moto Wheels!/images/icons/smile.gif

Kent (kman)

kman

<font color=red>Live it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Ride it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Race it</font color=red>

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Congrats JoBu!
Off course we're gonna see some pics of the fender installed?

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hey kman,

Man, I'm really excited. Still can't believe I won. First I'd like to thank my manager and my publicist... /images/icons/tongue.gif

Ok, seriously, time for the stupid question. Will the fender fit on my '99 900SS?? (God, I hope so). Since I do have the Showa forks, I'm thinking it will. If not, I'll contact you offline to pick an alternate piece.

Thanks again... (And to think, I was having fun just participating in the raffle, never thought I'd actually win).

Regards,

Happy JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
congrats JoBu, and the fender should work just fine. I took the CF fender from my '00 900ss and put it on my '00 996.

I'm ready to play again!!!!! airbox? rearsets? ram air tubes? quick change sprocket/carrier? hugger? billet gas cap? cycle cat clutch cover? I DON'T CARE!!!! I WANNA PLAY!!!!!

jeez...some people have video poker, some have crack.....I have eSportbike

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Easy there erik!! I'm sorry to tell you this, but.... you have... a.... a... raffle problem. If you don't get help from Charter, please get help from somewhere. /images/icons/laugh.gif Maybe later down the road we can do a high dollar raffle... perhaps wheels or something....

JoBu,
I forgot to ask you what weave/color of screen whould you like? The twill/silver combo or the linear/gold combo?

James Nunez
Monster Hooligan
http://www.motowheels.com
Sacto, CA

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Kman, JoBu won? Are you sure? Please go back and check his tickets for any hanging chads!

LOL, Congrats JoBu! I hope it looks great on your bike! Let see some pics!

This was fun, I hope we can get another raffle going soon :)

M.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Erik, thanks for the info. Since they did put the Showa forks from the 996 on the '99 and newer 900SS, I was hoping it would be the same.

James, I'll take the linear carbon with the gold screens. I want to eventually have my wheels powder-coated Kromat (sp?) Gold and I think the gold screens would look great next to the wheels.

Regards,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I did some measure'n and the fender will fit. JoBu, I need you're address... can you PM me it?

As far as the wheels... You want Chromate wheels? Are yours already Mg? Chromate is actually a chemical/clear coat on raw Mg so that it doesn't oxidize. The wheels look like polished brass, kinda. We've got a set on the 916SP and they look awesome.

James Nunez
Monster Hooligan
http://www.motowheels.com
Sacto, CA

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi James,

I just sent you a message with my address on it. Thanks again for all your help and also for providing such a nice piece of gear for the raffle.

As far as the wheels go, I must be mistaken with the term Chromate. I thought it was just the name of a color. I've seen the color on the wheels of some Ducs and a friend of mine had his wheels powdercoated in the same color. It does look like polished brass. In fact, the owner of the dealership I frequent has a 916SPS with that color on his wheels. Very sweet. Oh, and my wheels are just the stock Brembo 3-spoke.

Regards,

JoBu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts