Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great, right after I was saying that I didn't particulary like racing at Laguna Seca, they consider adding a second round there in the same season. I guess it would be good for us since it is a really short drive, but I better get my arse going on that track. It would be good for the series to have another round replaced after loosing two other rounds, but it seems kinda crazy that one state will have four races. Not that I'm complaining, I mean, I'm really glad that it is my state that has 4 races. :lol:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yeah, I've read about that, too. I bet the attendance for that September date would be way down, maybe half, of what the July date usually brings in.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I think that the fact that the WSBK is always in conjunction with the AMA SBK had a lot to do with the attendance of the event. Having another round there will definately also have a negative affect on the second event's attendance. But, WSBK is still trying to find a US date, so maybe they will jump on the second Laguna Seca date with the AMA and that might help the attendance figures for Sept.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
MonsterJ said:
If WSBK did that it would definately increase attendance.... but... I think most people are gonna blow thier 'wad' on the MotoGP weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know, I think many will attend the MotoGp weekend and will still have enough 'wad' left for another AMA weekend. I think its cool! 2 trips to Laguna and 2 podiums for JAY !!!! :lol2:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Well... ya see roadrace98, people aren't as hardcore fans as you and I. :grin: I'll be there for the second LS. I'm really hoping the AMA Supermoto series makes a stop at the proposed LS 2. :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like they are thinking about making it a stand anlone event, just the AMA. That would probably affect attendance figures, but I'm sure it will still have more attendance than a lot of other venues. The Laguna Seca round is usually up around the 100k/weekend figure.

Actually, I guess if we have another event there later in the year, that will give us a chance to get out there and have some testing before the second round at least. With all the new construction, there will be absolutely no testing before the GP date.

As far as the Cart situation, apparently CART is being really wishy-washy about commiting to the date or something like that, so SCRAMP (the people who run LS) are just saying F-it, we are going to look for other people to take the spot. I wonder how much of this is just a barganing chip to get CART to finalize the deal.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, hopefully I have this year worked out a little bit better then last year. I am hoping to have one crew worker at every round this year. But I'm sure we could always use an extra hand with some of the stuff. If you would like to get involved and check it out up close, we would be more then happy to have some help.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ken, you are more then welcome to help out in the pits anytime. If you want some hands on experience soon though, you might not want to wait until the september round to get your hands dirty. Hey, if you really want to get some hard core experience and soon, then you should drive our rig out to Daytona and do the pit for the Daytona 200. :lol: :laugh: But seriously, the third round of the series is going to be at our backdoor at California Speedway. If you want to get in the actions you could stop by over there if you want.
[ QUOTE ]
indianaroadracer said:
[ QUOTE ]
KRG_Designs said:
PM me about your posters I have some pricing,

[/ QUOTE ]

I want a signed poster :smile:

[/ QUOTE ]
Then wait in line at the autograph session like everyone else! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, Indiana, are you going to be making it out to any of the races again this year? Is your friend still riding?

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
jay64 said:

Then wait in line at the autograph session like everyone else! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, Indiana, are you going to be making it out to any of the races again this year? Is your friend still riding?

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, I'll have a few seconds to wait :lol: :grin:

Yes, I will make several but no west coast. Were waiting for Bob's 05 to show. Speaking of which I need to get ahold of the AMA to get my credential.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[ QUOTE ]
indianaroadracer said:

No problem, I'll have a few seconds to wait :lol: :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hey, I take a little bit longer than a couple of seconds to sign my name, it might be a minute. :lol:

Man, forget getting the credential, you should go back and get a race license again, it will save you what, $400 or something like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.