Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm not getting any response in the other fourms...

You guys have any experience or opinions on Alpinestars jackets and pants? I tried on a set of "Track Pants" at Performance, and they fit perfect..the "P-1" model jacket also fits great. Much better fit than my current gear, and the price isn't too bad. If I don't hear any reason not to, I'm planning on ordering them this week..that way I'll have some time to break 'em in before the big trip..

Might have to hit the track to scuff the knee sliders in too..Can't walk around with "virgin" knee pucks../images/icons/smile.gif

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I had a pair of Alpinestar gloves, based on my experience, I would never buy a pair of them again. The finish sucked, and I would have a numb thumb after riding for 2 hours because the thumb stitching was FUBAR.

Their leathers look fookin' sweet tho. I'd wear a set.

Check out Teknic's stuff...I have a set of Tecknic Silverstones, Teknic speedstar gloves, and they have been thru hell and still rock.

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
I have had the opposite experience with Alpinestar gloves, they were some of the best gloves I have had. Sorry, no personal experience with the suits, but we will be stocking the full Alpinestar line as soon as the south store opens.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same is true with me and the gloves...I've had the GP Plus for almost 2 yrs now..they still fit great and look new..That's why I was interested in the suits..

·
Registered
255 Posts
When Paul says they'll be stocking the full ine of Alpinestars apparel, that's what he means. The Fay Myers purchasing staff has been working nights and weekends to stock the new store, and their Alpinestars order is probably the largest one ever placed. They've also ordered a complete selection of Alpinestars women's gear, from casuals to suits.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Hey longrider, are you guys having any delays with getting
your order (of suits) from Alpinestars?
I've been calling around and it seems that Alpinestars is rather slow on getting there shipments out.
(everyone that i've called said their still waiting for the 02 suits to arrive)

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Paul, any idea on the price or availability of that P1 jacket and Track pants? I'd like to get them ASAP...trying to decide if I should order them online or pick them up at Fay Meyers...

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a question...how come you can't buy a 2 piece set with a different sized top than bottom?

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's been tried. You can only mismatch by a couple sizes up or down before the two pieces don't match up, one will be offset from the other.
Evollife, I did hook up everyone with new leathers, if you missed out I'm sorry, there are no more left.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you ORDER slightly different sizes from anyone?? I need a 50 pants and a 52 jacket in Alpinestars stuff..I'd love to get a full suit, but all I've ever seen offered was a single size for the whole suit...

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
Jason, I will check tomorrow or Tuesday. As long as we received it it will be available opening day which is sometime the week of the 8th. Once the exact date is set I will post it.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rockin...thanks Paul!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I have the V4 jacket and the Track Pants and love both, but I must admit I haven't had either one for very long/images/icons/crazy.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts