Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After acttually seeing these at a local store, and getting a chance to try them on, I'm seriously considering some Alpinestars gear..

I'm looking at the Track pants, with the sliders and hard armor, and the P1 jacket. Anyone have any experience with these? Any opinions?

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I only know that the alpinestars jackets are expensive and good. Nice soft leather too. I went withe Dainese.be though.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I put in an order for the stuff..so since no one else knows about it, I'll post some info once I get it and test it out..

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK..got the pants in on Wednesday, and got to ride in them today. I will say this...Pants that fit a little snug when you're standing up and walking around the house will CUT OFF ALL BLOOD FLOW TO YOUR LEGS AND PREVENT YOU FROM BREATHING when on the bike. /images/icons/smile.gif

I thought the fit was OK, and that they would strech and get more comfortable...then I got on the bike to ride to work...THAT was a mistake. With your knees up and crouched over, I couldn't fricken breathe. Squashed all my internal organs. So, when I got to work, I changed into my jeans and boxed the pants up and sent them back. /images/icons/smile.gif Now I gotta wait another week or so before I see the next size up..

Just for other people's reference..I wear a size 35 in jeans and slacks..and a size 50 euro is WAAY too small..

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Yeah, a 50 would be too small for a 35 waist. You ordered a 52 I take it? My friend that just bought his pants was mad that when he sat on the bike his pants came unbuttoned the first day he wore them. LOL I actually think mine did the same thing. They don't unbutton on his prematurely after a few rides. /images/icons/smile.gif

I didn't know the Alpine stuff was sized in Euro.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the time I got to work, the button had popped, and the velcro had seperated..NOT a good feeling../images/icons/smile.gif

I ordered a 52...Hopefully that won't have the same problem, and won't be too loose..

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've been told with my 34 inch waist I should be in a 52...maybe you should get the 54 in case you have something to eat during a ride...or sneeze/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You haven't lived until you've sneezed all over the inside of your visor at 70mph.../images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a buddy that bought the Sidi leather pants and he is loving them. I think I might get a pair, before the next time to the Gap.
As for the Alpinestars jackets, I tried on the Dyno jacket yesterday and really felt comfortable in it. It was even a smaller size than normal too. The pants must run smaller than the jackets from what you have said.

Today...We ride!!!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Either the pants run smaller, or I run larger../images/icons/smile.gif Still waiting for the new size to come in the mail...

·
Registered
398 Posts
sounds like you need a bigger size. i have alpinestars track pants (they fit fine) the dyno jacket (love it) the SMX boots (these things are comfy) and gp plus gloves ( love these more than anything) im totally happy with all my gear. my pants zip to my jacket almost 360 degrees around which is cool.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a 32 waist. Will they fit me? I may be interested. How do you like the jacket? I am considering a Bostrom and some GP plus gloves.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm still waiting..It's been WAAY too long..According to the dealer, I should have the jacket on Tuesday, and hopefully the new pants by Friday..We'll see if that happens or not..I'll post a bunch of pics and opinions when I get 'em..

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would definitely like to hear how you rate the P1 jacket. I have been considering this jacket for a few months now, but would like to try it on at a shop first (before spending the 450 bucks). Does it have a full circumference zipper....or just the small back zipper to attach it to the pants? thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I just got my P-1 jacket today, just one day shy of three months waiting for it. It's a great jacket, fits well, is very comfortable, well padded, removable liner, etc. I haven't got to ride in it yet, though, as it has decided to thunderstorm today and apparently the next 3 days as well! There's that wonderful Ohio weather for you. The one thing that worries me is that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of venting built into the jacket, so for warmer weather it may not be the best, but I'll reserve final judgement until I actually try it out. The zipper is a 270-degree zipper. On a side note, I think I may have got a 2001 model jacket as opposed to a 2002, as the logos are different than what is shown on the E-Sportbike Superstore or Kneedraggers.com. Not that it makes much of a difference, but I just wonder why I had to wait 3 months for last year's jacket, if that is in fact what I received.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 2002 model is pretty much the same as the '01, except the logos aren't "chrome" on the new one..They're more rubberized-looking..

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Cool. I guess I got a new one, then. Blue, have you got your new pants yet? I'm wondering how the fit is. The pants are all I need now and I'll be a power ranger.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tomorrow...The place I ordered them from online told me on Friday that they were now backordered for 2-3 weeks. So I told 'em to screw off. There's a local shop that has them in stock, so I'm heading down there tomorrow afternoon..Hopefully I'll have my jacket then too, but I'm not holding my breath..

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Hey Blue, good luck.
I waited 1 month for my boots
and 2 months for my leathers.
Alpinestars definately has to get their act together, on this shipping thing!

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Every place I've talked to is blaming US customs for their problems..Having some issues getting all the stock in for some reason..Oh well..If things go well, I'll have all my stuff by the end of the day today!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts