Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a ton of research on a lot of sites, I've gone with the Aprilia Falco,I really like the Buells,the looks,ease of maintenance,torque. But it was the reliability that did it for me.There where just to many posts saying broken this and broken that.Enjoy them if you got them, Tom

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
While I'm not putting down your Falco I'd bet that you will spend more on your maint. with it than on the M2. Of all the Buells except the Blast the M2 has the best record. Funny things very few Buell people have anythoing bad to say about Buells but tons of people who ride GCYZR-000 have lots to say about wha their buddy told them a friend who new someone who had a Buell with problems. The fact of the matter is that since 2000 there have been no recall/maintainence issues with Buells. When you compare Buell to other companies with it's production you realize that much of their voluntary recal stuff is way beyond what the big 4 would do or have done for similar issues.

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow...
...that's what makes my thumper go

G

·
I bought my M2 last July and the only problems were related to a near-sighted wrench who didn't prep the bike properly, i.e. poorly adjusted clutch,suspension settings and shift linkage.Fortunately, this ain't my first rodeo, so I straightened everything out and haven't had a problem since,but I was wondering if you would mind comparing some notes with me as you put miles on the Aprillia, service costs,breakdowns ,fuel mileage,etc.Thanks,Fuzz.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure Fuzz, When I got the bike it had 3800mi.,picked it up 4/13 and rode home from La to San Diego, then did 200mi. on sunday with the local Triumph shop. I think I'm a good enough wrench to do most of the service,I'll leave the 10k valve adjustments to the shop.Oh I also got free oil changes for life when I bought this bike. Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts