Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All\'s Quiet Here

It's been pretty quiet here lately. Any great rides or stories of the weekend?

Shut up and Ride!

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Re: All\'s Quiet Here

Yeah but we're enjoying the quiet./images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
79 Posts

Too busy riding.....must ride.......must ride.......

Rules are made to be broken.

·
Registered
175 Posts

ok, ok..friday got caught in a major downpour...5 times! tried to beat it home but it kept catchin' up. anyway, things that are NOT 100% waterproof: joe rocket ballistic jacket; triumph boots; joe rocket gloves; levi jeans, black; levi's shirt, black; my friggin' socks; the faceshield on my shoei helmet. thought i was gonna die cause i couldn't see [email protected]#t, but bike is the best in the freakin' world so: i live to ride and ride to live!

dog
drowning in the land-o-squids.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Went to Moto Market in Acton, MA on Saturday (Deathv_69 recommendation). Neat shop and I do need some new duds.....

Our local weather dude had the day as partly sunny. Strange the sky turned fairly black...Just enough drizzle to turn my shiney BRG Sprint a funny brown color. Still the sky cleared out by the time I got home, so I could shine my baby up nice :)

Shorter, colder ride today, only 45 degrees (wish I had those new warm duds) Gotta love New England Weather. Last Tuesday we were at 95 degrees. Tomorrow we may get snow (arrrrgh!).

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

I high sided my T595 at the track on the 13th at about 90 mph on the outside of a turn....
does this count as interesting????
because I'm already getting real bored with this cast on my ankle/foot.....

I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts

Any picks of the wrecked bike? Glad you are not too damaged. Glad it happend on a track. I assume the bike is totaled? How did it happen?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

Highsiding definetly counts as 'interesting'. Real sorry to hear that. I think I will pass on that type of fun! Things are quiet here in my neck of the woods. Got a 200 miler in a couple of weekends ago but then the weather went to crap. Will be riding S.Utah this weekend. Here is a pic of a friend and his Sprint ST enjoying a stretch of road on a ride two weekends ago.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

Sorry to hear about the bike JETPILOT. Get well and back on the bike soon.

Nothing interesting going on here, the weather sucks just as Russ said. Was in the mid 90's last week, been down near the low 50's for the weekend, and this morning it snows!! New England weather. I've been too busy drinking with friends to go riding anyways... kinda hard to get motivated to ride when you're hung over all the time... might as well get the drinking out of the way before the weather breaks for good...

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

actually there are some pic's on a different website; sportbike.net under the pacific forum then the socal subforum under the trackdaz @ buttonwillow thread about the third page, the bike could be totaled but won't see the insurance so... the frame, suspension and engine are fine but will need a new subframe and front dash mount bracket thingy (magnesium) and shift side magnesium engine cover and new race plastics, I figure around $1000.00, it was done during a trackday so I don't know if they would cover it.... but every thing is real quite now, just waiting for ankle to mend....

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

Jetpilot, Sorry to here about the mishap.

Your right it has been quiet, we had a trip planned up to the Grand Rapids, MI area to watch the races at Gratton Raceway. I got up at 7:30 to go riding and it is 39 degree out and raining. The weatherman was way off. It did warm up later in the day, so I put about 150 miles on the ST. Nothing interesting to report though.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
225 Posts

I got about 100 miles on this weekend, getting used to the new rearsets and just playing around in the hills around town. Other than the cager that thought it would be funny to repeatedly throw orange peels out the window while my buddy was behind him nothing too eventful happened.

Nugget '01 Sprint RS

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching me!

·
Registered
225 Posts

Glad you're ok jetpilot and it wasn't worse! Hope you heal up fast so you can get back out ASAP!

Nugget '01 Sprint RS

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching me!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

955i - if you have any of the items I listed above I would be very interested!!!! give me a PM if so, thanks....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts