Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember this question was posted before but i don't remember whta it said.

what differences, if any, should you expect when you change your stock air filter to an aftermarket one? does it breath louder like in cars? will it make my exhaust louder than it already is?

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
It's not the air filter that changes the sound but the lack of an air box around it.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I noticed a little more sound at high speed with my K&N installed, not allot though.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
373 Posts
You might have to change the map/rejet whatever. But if you did not mess with the exhaust, then the exhaust is still going to be as restrictive, letting as much air out as before. You might have a little more coming out due to more coming in. If its easy to get to the air filter, pop it on, run it and see how she runs. If you don't like it, put the stock one back in and wait till you remap. The best (and more expensive) way to go would be to get the aftermarket air filter, the aftermarket full exhaust system, and the PCIII with tuned map.

<font color=red>CBRF293<font color=red>

http://members.core.com/~cpbrig

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I just put it in, your bike fuel/air system (FI), should adjust to the added airflow and hopefully add a little HP.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Jaban, What else would you have too do? I put mine in over 6000 miles ago with no added adjusting and no problems.

Triumph Sprint ST

1 - 10 of 10 Posts